Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tire wear/ camber help with pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-18, 03:28 PM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tire wear/ camber help with pics

So i need some help and opinions on which parts i need to fix my gs300. I lowered my car on hks coils 2 years ago and took it for an alignment and they said they couldn't adjust anything without additional parts. I was a moron and never bought the parts and now my tires are destroyed. I want to do it right this time. Here is my attached alignment sheet from when i first was lowered. Now mind you guys i did raise the car a good amount recently. Its way past saving anything at this point. I did some homework but im confused. The tech said i needed front and rear lower adjustable control arms. Do i need upper or lower is my question and which brand is the best/ affordable. I dont want to go through tires every 2 years. I was thinking these for the front and i need about 2 degrees not sure what i need for the rear? I did replace the front ball joints when i lowered the car thats about it.

What i was thinking megan upper adjustable and megan rear toe and track bars?

Last edited by dreamcar88; 07-25-18 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-26-18, 07:49 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

For the front theres not a ton you can do to fix things. To fix your front camber issues cheaply buy some SPC adjustable upper arms and that can probably get you closer to spec. It looks like the rear toe and camber is out. To fix the toe you'll need to buy some adjustable rear toe arms (Megan Racing sells some) and to fix the rear camber you'll need RCAs or adjustable rear arms. You could probably do either the lower or upper arms. I would recommend you talk to FIGs Engineering about that.
Old 07-26-18, 09:21 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
For the front theres not a ton you can do to fix things. To fix your front camber issues cheaply buy some SPC adjustable upper arms and that can probably get you closer to spec. It looks like the rear toe and camber is out. To fix the toe you'll need to buy some adjustable rear toe arms (Megan Racing sells some) and to fix the rear camber you'll need RCAs or adjustable rear arms. You could probably do either the lower or upper arms. I would recommend you talk to FIGs Engineering about that.
Do I really need all this suspension work to fix my alignment seems so overkill? Im not running huge crazy wheels just have some stock is fsport wheels and an inch .5 drop . Will just buying rcas front and rear fix my issue? I dont have 2000$ to spend on this. I raised the car alot since i first had the car slammed.. I feel like buying all of this for my issues is way overkill. I need my 2.5 camber thats off to be close to stock specs thats all. Can anyone help? This is a daily driver not a race car

Last edited by dreamcar88; 07-26-18 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-26-18, 11:55 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

If you're only dropped 1.5" or less you'll have a little bit more camber but it shouldn't be way out of spec. I'm dropped about that much and I have -0.5 front and -1.0 rear. I would try another alignment place if they can't get it close since you should still be able to align it without problems if its not slammed
Old 07-26-18, 12:55 PM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
If you're only dropped 1.5" or less you'll have a little bit more camber but it shouldn't be way out of spec. I'm dropped about that much and I have -0.5 front and -1.0 rear. I would try another alignment place if they can't get it close since you should still be able to align it without problems if its not slammed

I might just toss the tires on and have them put it on the rack now thats its raised and see what it shows and come back and post what it says. If i dont need to spend 1500$ i would love not 2. Im going to just try the megan uppers for now and see if that saves me

Last edited by dreamcar88; 07-26-18 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-20-18, 09:41 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

got the front to -1 after the megan uppers. The toe is green and the rear is still -2.50 . Well see if they wear evenly now after all this and raising the car a bit. Ill keep you guys posted. I have a set of rcas for the rear i might put on eventually
Old 08-20-18, 01:32 PM
silverbul
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

These 2 items will solve your problem & no more inner tire wear.

Sage rear rca ran me $275 and outer toe link about $100. Very easy to install.