ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Delete - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Delete

Old 11-18-17, 02:20 PM   #1
GrantReid
Driver School Candidate

Default ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Delete

Re: 1992 SC400

I deleted the TRAC & ABS units from my SC400 and got to thinking if I don't have these anymore I probably don't need the wiring that goes to the ABS WSS (wheel speed sensors) either.

Does anyone happen to know if this is correct?

Lex_Man mentions he broke both the spindles on his ABS sensors (and didn't replace them). But that would be 2 of 4. And he didn't say front or rear. And I don't know if it even matters.
Ref: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-gun-down.html

Any thoughts, let me know.
GrantReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 08:35 PM   #2
RXRodger
Lead Lap

I'll buy the wheel sensors from you if you want to sell them. And the ABS pump possibly as well.
RXRodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 08:55 PM   #3
GrantReid
Driver School Candidate

Hey RX,
I sold everything for the TRAC & ABS but I still have the sensors. I was planning on removing the wiring to them only, but now that I think about it, I suppose all I need is the right sized bolt to replace the empty space left behind by removing the sensor.
As long as your not in a big hurry. I have yet to reassemble the front end of my car, and then pull the back apart. I would guess another month, maybe six weeks? Also, I think one of the sensors will be staying. I seem to remember something a year or so back about trying to get one of them to come off and never having succeeded. I have never had an ABS light come on so I know the other 3 are okay.
Grant
GrantReid is offline   Reply With Quote