Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-17, 05:54 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sway Bars

Looking for some aftermarket sway bars and so far Im striking out. Anyone know of any brands for the RWD 3is?
Old 08-08-17, 08:13 PM
UTtrooper
Driver School Candidate

Here's a discussion a few threads down
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/762954-2014-lexus-is250-f-sport-rwd-sustec-strut-tower-bar-ttb177f.html
Old 08-09-17, 03:58 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by UTtrooper
Here's a discussion a few threads down
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...r-ttb177f.html

Thats a strut tower brace; Im looking for sway bars. Thanks though
Old 08-09-17, 05:07 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Try this one: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...d-and-rwd.html
Old 08-09-17, 07:08 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Thanks. it looks like they've got two listed the Sard and T demand hopefully the Sard are a lot less money than the T-demand because 600 is quite spendy for sway bars. but thanks again for the link
Old 08-09-17, 10:08 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,573 Posts

They don't install just like that. You have to drop the entire rear subframe. Hell of a job.
Old 08-09-17, 12:35 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by E46CT
They don't install just like that. You have to drop the entire rear subframe. Hell of a job.

Ok ....but what does that have to do with costs of the bar or lack of choices?
Old 08-09-17, 02:11 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MilkMonstr
Ok ....but what does that have to do with costs of the bar or lack of choices?
because you need to drop the sub frame just to install the rear sway bar (technically) F sport and TRD didnt develop one since 2014. u notice how the f sport line up have intake, exhaust, spring, shocks but no sway bar?
and TRD develop the rear damper instead
There is one company that make sway bar for our 3is, SARD. i have those on my car. for installation you definitely dont need to lower the sub frame the shop charged me like $300 for installation.

Last edited by sandiegoer; 08-09-17 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-09-17, 02:23 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
because you need to drop the sub frame just to install the rear sway bar (technically) F sport and TRD didnt develop one since 2014. u notice how the f sport line up have intake, exhaust, spring, shocks but no sway bar?
and TRD develop the rear damper instead
There is one company that make sway bar for our 3is, SARD. i have those on my car. for installation you definitely dont need to lower the sub frame the shop charged me like $300 for installation.

Not talking labor here man. The bar price alone, as per that thread, is $57x.00 for the T-demand front and rear bars. Its a piece of spring steel; the cost is outrageous. I assume the lack fo support and demand drives up the price.

As for install maybe you guys factor install into your figures? I personally dont as I can do 98% of the work myself for the 2% I cant do I have friends that can

Last edited by MilkMonstr; 08-09-17 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-09-17, 02:29 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MilkMonstr
Not talking labor here man. The bar price alone, as per that thread, is $57x.00 for the T-demand. Its a piece of spring steel; the cost is outrageous. Maybe you guys factor install into your figures? I personally dont as I can do 98% of the work myself
at the end of the day, u still driving a lexus. $600 for sway bar not that big of a deal. havent u see oem window visor go for $450, OEM fog light for $1000? LOL
if u want ur parts from Japan price range would be 600-1200 for a set of sway bar
if some manufacture from taiwan or or china decided to make them then its would be cheaper

Last edited by sandiegoer; 08-09-17 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-09-17, 03:10 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
at the end of the day, u still driving a lexus. $600 for sway bar not that big of a deal. havent u see oem window visor go for $450, OEM fog light for $1000? LOL
if u want ur parts from Japan price range would be 600-1200 for a set of sway bar
if some manufacture from taiwan or or china decided to make them then its would be cheaper

Ive seen the OEM PRICES and yeah even at slightly above cost prices (I get body shop prices ) they are still major $$. I also figured there is markup just because of the Lexus name but geez!

There are non japanese companies like
stillen, suspension techniques, Eibach etc etc that make high quality parts and usually a pair of sway bars is $250-400 so Im just surprised there are only two (high cost) options right now.
Old 08-11-17, 05:37 PM
fivesevenn
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Lexus marks up the price alot compared to cost.
also just a heads up, if anyone hears a clicking/flexing noise from the front or rear, there is a TSB for the bushings to lubricate them up with rubber grease. had the noise already for my 2017 IS. (same for 2014+ IS)
Old 08-15-17, 07:58 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by fivesevenn
also just a heads up, if anyone hears a clicking/flexing noise from the front or rear, there is a TSB for the bushings to lubricate them up with rubber grease. had the noise already for my 2017 IS. (same for 2014+ IS)
Do you know which bushings they are? I have coil overs in mine, so I doubt they'll do a TSB for me... might as well just do it myself as a maintenance regularly.
Old 08-15-17, 11:50 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by fivesevenn
Could you provide info about this TSB?
I'm not familiar with it for 2014-2016...I know of the rear brake squeak, parking brake noise, and whine noise ones...but nothing about any bushings.
Old 09-05-17, 02:55 PM
fivesevenn
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Could you provide info about this TSB?
I'm not familiar with it for 2014-2016...I know of the rear brake squeak, parking brake noise, and whine noise ones...but nothing about any bushings.
it is only a techtip for the NX model range, noise happened for me on my 17 is300 so technically 2014+ 3is
no updated parts yet, but summited concern to TCI, possible might have an updated part in the future. but for now i lubricated with rubber grease and noise went away.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars