Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Coilover Issues

Old 03-17-17, 11:24 PM
AristoStat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover Issues

Hi everyone, so I just recently just got full up version T-Demand prodamper coils w/ slide upper mounts front and rear, 40/45k(f) 40/28k(r) spec pistons in the shocks, pillow lower mounts, and pro bearing sheets. And after installing them I notice they make a loud rattling sound when I drive slow or on rough roads. Can someone please help me out.
Old 03-18-17, 02:59 PM
firelizard

Received 420 Likes on 335 Posts

Can you be more specific? Have you looked for the origin of the sound? Have someone listen from outside the vehicle as you try to recreate it. These cars are hard to identify noises in because they are well insulated, and at this age it could be literally anything. Especially with such stiff spring rates.
Old 03-18-17, 07:41 PM
AristoStat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@firelizard Yes it can be heard from outside from the only the rears. But when I driving on main roads or on freeway the noise goes away. It's mainly when I go slow through neighborhoods it seems to make the noise.
Old 03-19-17, 10:10 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AristoStat
@firelizard Yes it can be heard from outside from the only the rears. But when I driving on main roads or on freeway the noise goes away. It's mainly when I go slow through neighborhoods it seems to make the noise.
The top piston shaft nut on the plate bearing may need to be tightened, these will commonly make a rattle at low speed bumps if not torqued enough. You likely can't tighten it enough with a ratchet because the piston will spin. It may need some quick hits with a good impact.
Old 03-24-17, 06:59 AM
T-DEMAND USA
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AristoStat
Hi everyone, so I just recently just got full up version T-Demand prodamper coils w/ slide upper mounts front and rear, 40/45k(f) 40/28k(r) spec pistons in the shocks, pillow lower mounts, and pro bearing sheets. And after installing them I notice they make a loud rattling sound when I drive slow or on rough roads. Can someone please help me out.

Hello Thomas, please double check and make sure everything is tightened properly and also if the SP13 upper plates are adjusted to the max setting it is possible the nut is making contact with the body and will need to be adjusted slightly, or the allen bolts on the SP13 plates could be loose please check those as well. You may also want to check the rear arms and see if any of the bushings are worn or damaged. If you have any questions or concerns about our products please feel free to give me a call at the shop or stop by.

Thanks, Sam