Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

2011 IS350 AWD lowering springs! HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-16, 04:37 AM
alphaking
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2012 AWD IS350 and ran into the same problem. I didn't want to get Megan or BC Racing and that was all that was available. I finally settled on the F-Sport springs/struts and front/rear sways. I also added the RR Racing LCA bushings and am very happy with it. As others have stated, it can get a little bouncy in dips at high speeds. But I've learned to slow down in those areas of my commute and I don't notice it much anymore. Other than that the ride is great and I have no regrets with my purchase, and no vibrations or potential problems with CV boots from the setup. I'm also on 19's in the pic.
Chris

Last edited by alphaking; 07-29-16 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-01-16, 10:51 AM
RodJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alphaking
I have a 2012 AWD IS350 and ran into the same problem. I didn't want to get Megan or BC Racing and that was all that was available. I finally settled on the F-Sport springs/struts and front/rear sways. I also added the RR Racing LCA bushings and am very happy with it. As others have stated, it can get a little bouncy in dips at high speeds. But I've learned to slow down in those areas of my commute and I don't notice it much anymore. Other than that the ride is great and I have no regrets with my purchase, and no vibrations or potential problems with CV boots from the setup. I'm also on 19's in the pic.
Chris

do you have anymore pictues of your setup? I'm looking to lower my 2006 AWD Is250 around december
Old 10-03-16, 04:30 AM
alphaking
Driver School Candidate

I can take some this week. The car needs a bath, and I'll take a few afterwards. Any special requests or anything in particular you want to see or a close up of the wheel gap?
Chris
Old 10-26-16, 07:19 PM
alphaking
Driver School Candidate

Front wheel gap

Rear wheel gap
Old 10-26-16, 07:38 PM
The350Girl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
RWD and AWD use the same lowering springs, even from Lexus (F-Sport). Coilovers on AWD's are fine.

What you need to be worried about on the AWD is how far you lower it so as to not mess with the suspension/axle geometry too much, this is true for springs, coilovers, airbags, whatever. The risk to you transmission is pretty much non-existent, and really not any different than it would be on a RWD. If for some reason the front axles were binding up, it could potentially cause an issue with the differential and if for some reason the differential was having issues related to speed over an extended period of time maybe it could mess with the transfer case, but that's all pretty unlikely and even at that point the transmission would still be pretty safe.

In addition, I have deleted your blatantly racist post which was completely uncalled for. Posts like that do not have a place here on ClubLexus. Do not make similar posts in the future.

Jeff
Have you ever lowered an IS AWD before ? how long have you been driven an AWD Lexus ? everyone on Forum is a Mechanic
Old 10-28-16, 12:21 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by The350Girl
Have you ever lowered an IS AWD before ? how long have you been driven an AWD Lexus ? everyone on Forum is a Mechanic
Yes, I've lowered a few AWD IS's and an AWD GS.

My car however is a RWD.

I am not a licensed mechanic, but I play one occasionally at the dealership I work for when I'm not at school getting my engineering degree.

Jeff
Old 10-14-18, 03:35 PM
whiteDAWD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need help for lowering my 2015 GS350 fsport AWD. Is it compatible to put on the Tanabe NF210?
Old 10-14-18, 03:46 PM
alphaking
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whiteDAWD
Need help for lowering my 2015 GS350 fsport AWD. Is it compatible to put on the Tanabe NF210?
You should probably post your question in the GS forum. You’re in 2nd Gen IS.