Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Allowable Mods for HPDE Events at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-16, 05:03 AM
alnorton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allowable Mods for HPDE Events at Road Atlanta

I've been doing high speed driving events at Road Atlanta for the last several years. I'm in the process of selling my current track car and plan to modify my 2006 IS350 (sport Package) to give it better cornering and braking ability on a road course. It will no longer be a daily driver.

I have an extended warranty and must stay within the confines of allowable modifications that will not void the warranty.

I don't plan to spend money on go fast items bc the ROI is a pitiful amount of power/dollar. With the car I'm selling, if more power were needed, one would just buy a couple of larger turbos and make the other necessary mods to accommodate them. Large power gains were possible for reasonable amounts of dollars..

My thoughts at present are to install the F-Sport shocks and keep the linear rate springs already on the car. Front and rear anti-roll bars evidently used to be on the list of F-Sport mods for the 2IS cars but I don't see them currently listed. I do see them available online from various companies so that would certainly be another modification I will plan. I've just purchased some Michelin Pilot SS tires. I will be flushing my brake system fluid and replacing with Castrol SRF bc I already have an adequate reserve supply.

What rotor/pad combination will give the best track performance? I'm not sure 6-pot fronts are really necessary. I just want some combination that will not fade after 20 minutes running in hard in a session. l know 6 pot calipers with larger rotors will dissipate more heat but the limiting factor is always the adhesion of the tires.

The main thrust of my post is to learn what parts from the ISF will fit my car and increase cornering performance. If there's an existing thread that explains, please direct me---I couldn't find one.

thanks in advance for your help.

Al