Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need new rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-15, 08:57 PM
joshyee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new rotors

Hey CL.

I need new rotors. I've purchased whatever they had at orileys. Didn't fit. Returned them and tried autozone. Same problem they don't fit. It seems like the inner part of the rotor that goes through the studs is too thick. It fits when you push it in. But comparing it to my worn rotor, it(the inner side) looks thicker. Just keeping the new rotor on, and spinning the whole thing causes a rub sound. Even worse when I put the wheels back and and drove it. It was extremely loud rub and it was grinding on the inside. (Dust was evident from the grind, coming from inner side of rotor)

Not sure how to go about buying new rotors that fit. I tried showing the guys at the store the worn rotors that fit but he said he can't tell what it is or if they have it. How would one go about finding out which ones fit. Didn't want to order anything online and it also not fitting. Should I take it to a brake shop just for them to give me some info? Take it to dealership to just ask why these autoparts store parts don't fit?

Sorry no pics, this actually was a while ago, and my solution was just to resurface them. But now I'm planning on getting some new wheels, painting the calipers while I'm there, change brake pads, and figured I might as well change rotors now. So back to the first problem. Any info helps. Thanks
Old 09-23-15, 02:09 PM
cquence
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post up photos of the warn area(s)? We'll be able to better assist you when we get a better idea of the issue you are having.
Old 10-20-15, 04:12 PM
PandaGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would this set work?

its a Brembo set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Brem...2LRBZQ&vxp=mtr