Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Limited slip differential (LSD) questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-03, 03:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Moderator Notes: Thread split to focus on LSD Topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi RMMGS4,

Thanks for your insights!

I had already concluded that STB's did do some good (how much is still the question). The reason why I set up the poll was simply to see which STB's were the most popular. Maybe there was a better way to setup the poll......

Anyway, I think I know what to get next in terms of handling mods.

I noticed in your signature, that you have upgraded your LSD and I wanted you to please tell me in detail all about it.

Everything I should be aware of: what to buy, the real world benefit, what performance gain did you achieve, how happy are you with the mod, what gotcha's to look out for, where you bought the LSD, how much etc., etc., etc.

Stupid question: do you know if the final drive gear ratio can be changed to improve "launch" performance?

You must have one awesome car! Have you had it from new? You have so many mods on it!

Thanks!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-17-03 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-17-03, 06:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
I noticed in your signature, that you have upgraded your LSD and I wanted you to please tell me in detail all about it.

Everything I should be aware of: what to buy, the real world benefit, what performance gain did you achieve, how happy are you with the mod, what gotcha's to look out for, where you bought the LSD, how much etc., etc., etc.

Stupid question: do you know if the final drive gear ratio can be changed to improve "launch" performance?
Hameed,

Rather than change the topic of your thread mid-stream, can you please post another (new) topic about LSDs (or I can split this thread)? By the way, your exact questions have been asked and answered several times already and can be easily found using the search feature for "LSD" in the GS forum.

Thanks
---------------------------------------
EDIT: Using search I found some threads for you already discussing LSD by looking for "LSD Benefit":

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Now back to our regulary scheduled STB discussion!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-17-03 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-17-03, 08:39 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hameed,

DaveGS4 has pointed you in the right direction. You can always PM me or others whenever you have a specific question related to my car. Your more than welcome!

I'll PM you with answers to some of your Q's.

RMMGS4
Old 02-17-03, 12:45 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Rather than change the topic of your thread mid-stream, can you please post another (new) topic about LSDs (or I can split this thread)? By the way, your exact questions have been asked and answered several times already and can be easily found using the search feature for "LSD" in the GS forum.
Thanks Dave, you may split this thread if you wish. Still new to the CL site!