Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

awd wobble option

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-14, 09:53 AM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awd wobble option

ive been talking to the driveshaft shop http://www.driveshaftshop.com/ i emailed them about the awd wobble vibration issue... ...who knows this may be a shot in the dark but hopefully they can come up with a solution...not new axles per say, but maybe a cheaper solution to the problem...i linked them over here just now...and i believe they joined and have spoken to the moderators since its a store..to the moderators,im not trying to advertise, sell or anything of that sort..im just trying to find a solution to a big problem for us awd owners...this is the post and thread..page 8.Frank >> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ml#post8314142 to the ISX50 awd owners that are interested, please reply to that thread...

Last edited by Censee; 01-07-14 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 01:04 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

interested. Thanks for your effort on this
Old 01-07-14, 01:33 PM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

thanks man... i hope we can all come together on this and come up with a solution just like the s2000 guys...from what i hear other cars suffer this problem too...i was just over on a MINI forum and they have this issue too i believe.... lets try to get this going before i throw my awd in a river .... this is an email response i got from Frank1 :...

"ok, ill post this up but this is what i have. if you put a spacer on the back side of the CV it will only move the center line
of the CV back and may create another issue, what we should do is this with several cars. with the car on the ground
take an axle nut off and push it into the hub, a stock axle will move in about 1" and bottom. depending on how far it
moves we can decide what needs to be done, if the inner CV is a tripod it may have to be changed to a ball and cage
at the same time, a tripod (like the S2000 some one spoke about) is actually a 3 legged u-joint and will have issues
with angle. i would suggest getting several cars measurments so we can get an idea of the length. also i would really
like to have a set of axles out of a car with the issue to see if its wear or length or both. "

Last edited by Censee; 01-07-14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-10-14, 04:53 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

I'm very interested... This fix determines whether or not I lower mine... I really wanna drop'er too.
Old 01-10-14, 07:57 PM
rohanstar
Driver

thanks man
i went to a lot of shops i did multiple wheel balance, yes it helped somewhat but still vibrate a little hopefully wen cal come together and find a solution
Old 01-13-14, 08:58 PM
Censee
Driver School Candidate

can anyone who is lowered and has the vibration do this ...>>>" with the car on the ground take an axle nut off and push the threaded end into the hub
on a stock car it will move in about 1" at the most. i would suggest doing this on all 4 axles so we really know where
we are at with all 4 so there are no surprises. my guess is the front axles have a tripod inner CV and are too far out of the
housing, see if we can get some numbers. "....my car is not lowered so i wouldnt know the answer to this...