Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Noob Coilover/Wheel dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-13, 06:59 PM
CodPiece
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob Coilover/Wheel dilemma

Before I start, I'll preface this post with that I'm not well versed with all the technicalities that are involved with suspension and suspension components.

I recently got some Silvers Neomax adjustable Coilovers (12k/8K) installed. I knew the ride quality would be different from stock but i feel that it's just too rough. Every imperfection in the road is noticeable and the really bad ones are straight-up cringeworthy. I got them readjusted by the shop 2 weeks after installation and the quality improved a little bit but not what I would say greatly.

I asked why it was so stiff and the guys said they adjusted the best they could while retaining the drop height but the quality would be exacerbated by my wheels (20x8.5 +35) because they are running low profile tyres.

I'm getting pretty over the ****ty ride quality and also my wheels so I'm considering chucking my stock wheels back on to see if it makes a difference.

I'd love to know how to adjust the coilovers myself but I don't have a jack and the road where i park my car is on an incline so that makes it hard, meaning I have to take it to the shop again for any adjustments.

Does anyone have some advise to try and troubleshoot/address the ride quality? I'll be getting new suspension components soon if that makes any difference (RUCA and LBJ anything else?)

Here's my ride with at its current configuration. The sad thing is, is that it still looks like stock height