Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lower Ball Joints Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-13, 01:24 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yup Moogs are the way to go if you ask me. Got mine from RockAuto with a coupon code and free shipping and they come with the zerk - just push the grease gun and give her about 2 squeezes

Old 05-03-13, 05:17 PM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
yup Moogs are the way to go if you ask me. Got mine from RockAuto with a coupon code and free shipping and they come with the zerk - just push the grease gun and give her about 2 squeezes

In the picture, did that arm come with shipping? Cause that arm looks new. In my first post the eBay one. It comes with LBJ and the arm so it would easy to change.
Old 05-04-13, 12:12 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

In the pic is one whole ball joint. That one comes with zero fitting for grease. Put the 90 elbow on. Other wise it's next to impossible to brease when installed.
Old 05-06-13, 09:12 AM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blanco
In the pic is one whole ball joint. That one comes with zero fitting for grease. Put the 90 elbow on. Other wise it's next to impossible to brease when installed.
Where can I order that from?
Old 05-06-13, 10:34 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

I'm partial to Rockauto.com myself.
Old 05-08-13, 11:51 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohboitony
Lexus GS300 GS400 GS430 SC430 98 05 Lower Ball Joints | eBay

Is this a good deal? My car has 172,xxx miles and yes the joints been changed once at 90k.

I've been looking on eBay for the whole kit but don't see any OEM just aftermarket. My car still rides really smooth and my kids enjoy the ride. I just want piece in mind while driving and not like something is gonna happen.

I found some on ebay and here is the link:
Upper Lower Control Arm Ball Joint Outer Tie Rod End Sway Bar Link GS300 GS400 | eBay

^^^ Want a kit just like this but in OEM.

Lexus GS SC 2 Upper Control Arms Ball Joint 2 Lower Control Arms Balljoints | eBay

^^^ Not bad at all but the brand ANH is kinda odd to me.

What other site do you use? Thank you for the help CL!
In the last picture the brand's actually called MEYLE there a german company. I Bought this set from eBay and have had no issues as of yet. Oh and one other thing the ball joints are serviceable and really beefy just like the Moog brand and they come with zerk fittings. If I have any issues with them I will definitely post and warn against them but as of right now they feel great everything is nice and tight rides just like a brand-new car.
Old 05-09-13, 06:42 AM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by socal72
In the last picture the brand's actually called MEYLE there a german company. I Bought this set from eBay and have had no issues as of yet. Oh and one other thing the ball joints are serviceable and really beefy just like the Moog brand and they come with zerk fittings. If I have any issues with them I will definitely post and warn against them but as of right now they feel great everything is nice and tight rides just like a brand-new car.
How long have you had them on your car? And how long did it take you to install all the parts?
Old 05-09-13, 03:36 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How long have you had them on your car? And how long did it take you to install all the parts?
It took me about an hour and a half to two hours per side because I had to also change the caster arm bushings with ADUS 536 Armstrong Polyurethane's. I've only had them on the car for a few months, so it's a little premature to say exactly how good they are, but they feel great and so far so good. Like I said before feels like a brand-new car again plus I have the lifetime alignment with Firestone so on top of me lubeing and inspecting them Firestone can too whenever I need an alignment .Either way it's a win-win so long as the parts hold up like they claim.
Old 05-09-13, 07:23 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Blanco
If you get the Moogs, spring for some 90degree elbow zerk fittings, and use them in lieu of the straight fittings that come with the joints. It'll make greasing them when they're on the car MUCH easier!!

$6 well spent at any autoparts store.
Great idea! Wish I thought of this before I had mine installed. Wonder if you have a part#?
Old 05-10-13, 06:14 AM
CrooperJ
Driver School Candidate

A lot of you recommend the moog lbj's but I also keep hearing that they rust in 6 months. Are rusty lbj's no big deal?
Old 05-10-13, 09:10 AM
ohboitony
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrooperJ
A lot of you recommend the moog lbj's but I also keep hearing that they rust in 6 months. Are rusty lbj's no big deal?
I still don't know if I still want to go with Moog. Cause if OEM is only 160 shipped and last me 90-100k miles and that would take me about 5 years, I would go with OEM lol... I don't have to buy any gun to add grease every oil change.
Old 05-10-13, 04:54 PM
GunFightr
Driver School Candidate

This is awesome, can't wait to take care of it
Old 05-11-13, 08:28 AM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I still don't know if I still want to go with Moog. Cause if OEM is only 160 shipped and last me 90-100k miles and that would take me about 5 years, I would go with OEM lol... I don't have to buy any gun to add grease every oil change.
Huh, who says you HAVE to buy a gun and grease at every oil change. The point is that you CAN. With OEM you don't have the option. If you want you can grease the MOOGs once at installation and never grease again, but most of us like to be able to.
Old 05-13-13, 04:38 AM
Hollywoood
Pole Position

What grease should we use for moog parts?????
Old 05-13-13, 07:18 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Been on OEM since June 2011. No issues thus far. I have about 30k on them. NO rust.

Quick Reply: Lower Ball Joints Question