Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

VSC OFF, VSC, ABS, CEL lights are on along with squeaky noise and a constant beeping

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-12, 07:16 AM
alxf1979
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSC OFF, VSC, ABS, CEL lights are on along with squeaky noise and a constant beeping

.. ( continue from title ).. that is doing my head in!!!

Hello to all happy/troubled Lexus owners! I've recently become a lexus owner ( wanted one for a while now ) and it so happens that I bought myself a car with a bit of a problem that needs fixing before I lose my mind...

I've looked everywhere and can't find one single solution to this however forums are all really full of many solutions to different singular problems but can't find out what it all is when it's all happening together.

Anyways, I think better heard/seen once than me trying to explain here, I think it's a bit complicated, I have a 1998 GS300 that I acquired couple of days ago and it came with all the lights on dash, ABS, CEL, VSC, VCS OFF, and to top it all off a constant beeping along with squeaky noise that keeps coming and going and exact intervals with exact same noise. Below are links to youtube videos, please have a look and tell me what it is exactly that I'm facing, or where should I start looking?

Beeping and lights aren't always on although squeaky noise is mostly present even when lights are off and nothing is beeping, at the same time everything ( traction control, abs, snow setting ) they all work, but once lights and beeping come on abs and trac stop working, brakes and acceleration however, are still fine and work as usual, works better in the snow anyway without the ABS.

Previous owner told me that the problem appeared and persisted ever since his neighbour replaced the rear pads ( which I checked and they seem to be almost new as he also said that he's done about 300 miles only from last MOT ), I tried to check for broken cables coming off the ABS sensors but couldn't really tell if they were broken, didn't see anything wrong at all, haven't looked in the front wheel section but then again don't think I have the need to at the moment..

please help as the noise is driving me insane, you'll need to see through all three videos ( they are short ) to see what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/1bZSyZ2Dcao
http://youtu.be/p9CG5vuJErA
http://youtu.be/gAmjOWGAJ2U

and also this:

http://youtu.be/01Qx5-y-IzE

P.S: in the second video when I go *huh mmm???* was when I switched off climate control and the beeping switched off for some reason, also, that never happened again.... I also read once somewhere that one guy really revved hard and the beeping went away, tried it, worked for 20 minutes then everything came back on again..

Last edited by alxf1979; 02-13-12 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-21-12, 12:22 PM
ANTW1
Driver School Candidate

do a search on ABS actuator.
Old 02-21-12, 04:53 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

You need to replace you break master cylinder.
Old 02-21-12, 08:03 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

Your BMC is on it's way out. Time for new one. They are gonna be $1000+ new. As for the CEL, get the codes.