Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC angle mods!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-12, 03:52 PM
sclee00
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. stock degree
2.rusty old one
3.PSM and stock compared
4.after many bangs
5. way more angle
Attached Thumbnails SC angle mods!-imag0109.jpg   SC angle mods!-imag0112.jpg   SC angle mods!-imag0116.jpg   SC angle mods!-imag0121.jpg   SC angle mods!-imag0125.jpg  

Old 02-13-12, 03:23 PM
afro88
Driver School Candidate

SClee00- Take some action shots asap. I should have my shipement in some time this week. Going to need to invest in a ball joint puller and a BFH.
Old 02-13-12, 03:36 PM
sclee00
Rookie

Originally Posted by afro88
SClee00- Take some action shots asap. I should have my shipement in some time this week. Going to need to invest in a ball joint puller and a BFH.
action shots? you dont need a ball joint puller just a hammer and a can of man. a little asian man showed me. you can just hit the knuckles and shock the joint out, look it up on youtube works like a champ

now im rubbing i think i just need smaller tires

Last edited by sclee00; 02-13-12 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-13-12, 10:24 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sclee00
Im not sure I said I wanted angle and he goes you just want max angle then? Ummm yes lol ill bust the ruler once install them ill try to take stock and psm side by side
lol I think that was me...

I'll find out how much martin takes off, If that is a big deal to some people. I would like to say that it is more that just knuckles and how much material you remove... its the whole setup that works together to create a great end result.

here is a small video that shows the first testing of the new knuckles on my car.
http://youtu.be/yEUeyIhx_MY

Last edited by BigWaveSC; 02-13-12 at 10:29 PM. Reason: video didnt embed
Old 02-14-12, 06:17 PM
sclee00
Rookie

im rubbing my strut bar now lol
Old 02-15-12, 03:38 PM
afro88
Driver School Candidate

SClee00- Yeah a shot of your car while drifting at full lock. And I know I can just mash on them with a hammer but I'd really rather not start mushrooming the end of the threaded shank. Hopefully they aren't in there that tight, but these cars are old.

BigWaveSC- Thanks for posting that vid Dave. Seriously not enough videos of cool SC's drifting, also shows off how much angle your car really gets. The pictures on the PSM forum didn't do it justice.
Old 02-15-12, 07:45 PM
sclee00
Rookie

i need to get spacers for the front cause its rubbing on the sway bar. lol you hit the side of the of your old knuckle. it will "shock" the joint out. it wont do anything to the joint
Old 02-17-12, 08:31 PM
speed6
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offense to PBM or anyone, but Battle Version and alex is a fabricator and drifter, not just a parts shop. his **** looks and is made tough as nails. i recently got some stuff from PBM, and was not impressed by their quality. I know when i get out of this money slump, i will buy some arms, (i have a bent traction arm). plus, he's the only real shop (besides HKS/VERTEX) to have a drift spec sc. when it comes to SC's thats the shop i put my money on.
Old 02-17-12, 09:01 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not going to get too far off topic, but parts shop max isn't just a "parts" shop. They are drifters, from the grassroots. They have fabricators, true drivers who come from the streets. Just because they don't have the top notch equipment like other places doesn't make them any worse. Alex is the same way. A great fabricator, but a car guy at heart.

As far as "drift spec SC", there are more shops that I can think of that aren't mainstream that have demo and professional spec'd JZZ30's. Vertex just happens to be the one you see because of Ueno's level of driving, how long he has been around, and his sponsorships. Let me also add that Carmake T&E built all of his Soarers. HKS just had a hand in supplying him parts.
Old 02-18-12, 12:47 AM
sclee00
Rookie

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I'm not going to get too far off topic, but parts shop max isn't just a "parts" shop. They are drifters, from the grassroots. They have fabricators, true drivers who come from the streets. Just because they don't have the top notch equipment like other places doesn't make them any worse. Alex is the same way. A great fabricator, but a car guy at heart.

As far as "drift spec SC", there are more shops that I can think of that aren't mainstream that have demo and professional spec'd JZZ30's. Vertex just happens to be the one you see because of Ueno's level of driving, how long he has been around, and his sponsorships. Let me also add that Carmake T&E built all of his Soarers. HKS just had a hand in supplying him parts.
well said, while i was in there all they talked was about developing parts and how to improve it, i was in there for like maybe ten mins. small shop but a great working shop
Old 02-20-12, 02:10 AM
afro88
Driver School Candidate

BigwaveSC (Dave) works at PSM and his car is definitely "drift spec" from what I can tell. I'm curious what you bought that you weren't impressed with. Dan at PSM usually takes constructive criticism pretty well and uses it to improve the parts that his shop develops. Alex is a really cool guy and extremely down to earth. I have absolutely no problem with supporting multiple companies that put out great parts and support grassroots drivers.

I actually just installed a ton of PSM and Battle Version parts on my car lol. Going to post up some pics later today after I get my alignment and get some steering stops welded in. Hope my car can be aligned on the in ground rack, my Z couldn't be fully aligned because the rear subframe didn't clear the pivoting jacks lol.
Old 02-20-12, 03:57 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

I would also like to know what speed was not impressed with... maybe I can help make it right, or maybe its better left alone.

And I dont want to see this turn into a battle with battleversion...... I like Alex and respect him. I would say I'm friends with him. I have several of his parts on my SC... Parts shop max doesn't sell much for our cars (SC's) and when someone asks for parts I send them straight to Alex. And if you want to get knuckles done by him I would say go for it, they are probably very good.

also, parts shop max is a very small operation, nothing like the big companies, we started it because there was a lack of parts in the US for drifting, and today it is still just the 3 of us who started it, our fab guy martin, who does our knuckles and is an original PSM guy is one of the best fab guys I know. carry on.

Last edited by BigWaveSC; 02-20-12 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-05-12, 01:20 PM
danegerous
Rookie

Originally Posted by speed6
no offense to PBM or anyone, but Battle Version and alex is a fabricator and drifter, not just a parts shop. his **** looks and is made tough as nails. i recently got some stuff from PBM, and was not impressed by their quality. I know when i get out of this money slump, i will buy some arms, (i have a bent traction arm). plus, he's the only real shop (besides HKS/VERTEX) to have a drift spec sc. when it comes to SC's thats the shop i put my money on.
Pfeiffer (Battleversion) has not driven his SC in forever. Regardless, he made his set up from experience and so did PSM based off of Dave's car. They do a lot of behind the scenes testing at WSIR, just because Dave didn't bring his SC to Formula D does not mean their design is inferior. Furthermore PSM has had plenty of experience with Formula D, they made it possible for Matt Powers to make it when he first started, and they currently sponsor Ryan Kado who runs their Z33 angle kit (probably the most intense kit you will ever see).

The knuckle service they offer is hand modified by a guy named Martin who is awesome at all that he does. He is a 'MASTER FABRICATOR' if you want to be a juice box about it and his welding skills are top notch. If you had a problem with the parts side of the shop then I can't speak for that, but as for PSM's fab skills, if you're going to call those in question then I'm going to need you to provide some pictures or circumstance about why you dislike them. If you can't provide that then you need to stop knocking the shop.

And saying there's only 3 "drift spec" SC's is retarded. Dave's car, (Bigwave) is a fully built car, capable of competing in any sanctioned drift event you'll see here in the states.

For anyone that is looking at pursuing knuckle modifications, I advise that you check out all your options, educate yourself on the different shops that offer the service and read the reviews from people who actually drift with them. Unfortunately there is a lot of speculation when it comes to this chassis, although a few people are pushing them to their limits and testing out these new and exciting products, those are the people's reviews you should heed.
Old 06-08-12, 04:02 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let’s get an update from the peeps that got these installed!! It’s been a few months, so what do you all think?

Any have these on a daily SC? Notice any difference other than extreme angle?
Old 06-08-12, 06:23 PM
sc300PR
Rookie

^ I too want to know how these are holding up! i want to throw these on my daily sc..

Quick Reply: SC angle mods!