Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY - Rear Axle Carrier (Knuckle) Bushing Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-23, 10:56 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaLex
Hi guys, other than Dorman, are there any other high quality stock style replacement knuckle bushings that you recommend?

Approximately 7-8yrs ago, I replaced these bushings with a pair of ebay bushings (at that time there weren't many options). They've failed and my rear wheels now have 1/4" of up/down play when the car is on the lift. I can hear them going over bumps. So I'll be doing this again but want to be sure I'm buying the best OEM style bushing available today.

Thank you.
I wish I could remember what I used but I only replaced 1 bad one. It was a PITA until I bought the SPC press.
Old 06-14-23, 06:57 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaLex
Hi guys, other than Dorman, are there any other high quality stock style replacement knuckle bushings that you recommend?

Approximately 7-8yrs ago, I replaced these bushings with a pair of ebay bushings (at that time there weren't many options). They've failed and my rear wheels now have 1/4" of up/down play when the car is on the lift. I can hear them going over bumps. So I'll be doing this again but want to be sure I'm buying the best OEM style bushing available today.

Thank you.
FIGS! I’ve had them for a year now driving hard on NYC roads and they have been holding up. Prior to changing them the bushings were so worn my camber constantly shifted. Camber stays put between alignments now and the squeaky mattress sound is gone! It’s insane how much the rear tightens up after changing those bushings