Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake Line ??? Rod Millen Brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-02, 05:46 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Line ??? Rod Millen Brakes...

Ok, I have aleak from my front left brake. My brake pedal is really squishy and the leak is coming from near the that brake caliper, but since I can't jack the front of the car up I can't take the wheel off to look myself where it is and fix it. So my question is if I have Rod Millen brakes and stainless steel brake lines do I have to replace the brake line with the same ones that came with the kit (which I am not sure I can even buy just one new line) or can it be replaced with any stainless line? It isn't leaking from the master cylinder because the leak is by the brakes not the engine compartment. So I am guessing it has got to be the brake line????? Thanks!
Old 09-03-02, 05:48 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Where can I get a new stainless line, I only need the one line I don't want to buy an entire set. Also I could take the car in and find out for sure what it is but I am pretty sure it is the line so I would rather go in there already with a new line so I can just get it taken care of right away and not have to make another trip.
Old 09-03-02, 07:50 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

mcnelson - This seems sort of obvious but why not just go to RMM and buy one line? Won't they sell one line? If not, they should sell the front pair and if one is leaking, it might not be that much of a waste of bucks to replace both front lines. I would think RMM would stand behind their product and at least sell individual replacement bits. Have you tried them?
Old 09-04-02, 12:08 AM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you sure it's the brake line or the connection to the caliper. It may just need a tightening or a new gasket??
Old 09-04-02, 05:37 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GS430lvr
Are you sure it's the brake line or the connection to the caliper. It may just need a tightening or a new gasket??
I have to have that check out I can't jack the car up to check so that is my first step.