Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra tokicos and eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11, 07:10 AM
RayOnBoost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra tokicos and eibach springs

Last week i ordered some 5way adjustable and got some used eibach springs off of another member. After the install i realized the car is leaning to the right. For some reason the driver side is higher than the passenger side. I read that other members have experienced the same results with other spring/shocks combinations, is there anyway to correct this?
Old 04-21-11, 02:48 PM
RayOnBoost
Driver School Candidate

OK well i guess ill sell this setup since no one has any input. any good recommendation on coilovers? looking for good stance,ride and handling. any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-23-11, 08:35 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get bilstein HD shocks and hypercoil springs. I have had a lot of good results with this setup.
Old 04-24-11, 02:27 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

I have 2 concerns with the billsteins. they cost just as much as a good coilover system and what if you have to replace your top hats? I'd rather have a new set with a new suspension.
Old 04-24-11, 11:00 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

a good coilover system costs 400 dollars? bilstiens have lifetime warranties dont forget and can always be revalved. Id rather pay for quality.

I know all the tein sets that were ordered for the soarer crowd a few years ago are all blown right now. My bilsteins are still running perfectly.
Old 04-25-11, 08:05 AM
RayOnBoost
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the imput...so the blistiens are the gest bang for the buck? thanks. the tt set up i got now is either too soft or 2 harsh(5way adjustables). really dont have a sweet spot, not to mention its lopsided.
Old 04-25-11, 08:19 AM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RayOnBoost
thanks for the imput...so the blistiens are the gest bang for the buck? thanks. the tt set up i got now is either too soft or 2 harsh(5way adjustables). really dont have a sweet spot, not to mention its lopsided.
If you are happy with your ride height, for now, you could just get the Bilstien shocks any try em out with the tt springs. Down the road you can go ahead and purchase the Hypercoil springs (you choose your rates, refer to Drewgo for recommendations) and coil-over sleeves (this will allow you to adjust your ride height).
Old 04-25-11, 08:35 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 92blacktt
a good coilover system costs 400 dollars? bilstiens have lifetime warranties dont forget and can always be revalved. Id rather pay for quality.

I know all the tein sets that were ordered for the soarer crowd a few years ago are all blown right now. My bilsteins are still running perfectly.
No but if you add up the whole total for the gixzer-drew coilover system your a little over $800 deep. Just for the billstiens alone from shox.com cost $370. Then add on the hyper coils and everything else with stock top hats. So yea if you can build that system cheaper please explain and I'll butt out.
Old 04-26-11, 03:49 AM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 313sc3
No but if you add up the whole total for the gixzer-drew coilover system your a little over $800 deep. Just for the billstiens alone from shox.com cost $370. Then add on the hyper coils and everything else with stock top hats. So yea if you can build that system cheaper please explain and I'll butt out.
I never said you could do the setup cheaper. But for 800 show me a better setup. I personally own the bilstien/hypercoil setup, and friends of mine have the megan, hsd, tein, tokico/eibach and other combos on their supras or sc's. Everyone can agree by far mine rides the best and was cheaper (except the tokico/eibach). In addition, all the tein setups are now blown.
Old 04-26-11, 06:12 AM
RayOnBoost
Driver School Candidate

Cheaper sounds better. If its gonna give me a better ride I'm down. I'm in the the middle of paint, sound system and turbo kit. So if it give me a decent ride and a better look I'm down.
Old 04-27-11, 03:15 PM
718murdoc
Lead Lap

I would like to get the bilstein shocks and pair them up with hyper coil springs for the MK4 Supra. but I don't plan on doing the gixxer-drew setup yet. If I run the shocks and springs alone will I still achieve a noticeable drop or do you have to do the G-D setup? All I want in the meantime is to replace my existing shocks & springs until I can get the required parts for the G-D setup. Bilstein seems to be the best option since you can have them refurbished when needed; so with that in mind, I figured I can replace my shocks & springs now and still upgrade to the G-D setup later.