Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Coils vs Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-10, 03:37 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have coilovers already you can just get the cup kit from any dealer the sells Roberuta. I know Mode Parfume sells these as a whole complete assembly like the photo

I believe Platinum VIP also sells the Phantom cup suspension as well.
Old 07-06-10, 06:27 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pilotgsb
damn nice way to put it i might consider it any ideas on what type cup suspension?
Cups are great I had them on my car but they weren't high priced as the boldworld you see pictured bw is about 4-5k starting.

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
If you have coilovers already you can just get the cup kit from any dealer the sells Roberuta. I know Mode Parfume sells these as a whole complete assembly like the photo

I believe Platinum VIP also sells the Phantom cup suspension as well.
I was going to buy this but the rear of the car where the coils mount would
Need to be reworked. That's why i didn't buy them
Old 02-07-11, 09:23 PM
DPK*David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Im bringing back an old thread but I was wondering what you guys thought about uas/kyb air vs. meagan lp coilovers. That is what I am debating between. I dont want to get meagans and air its either or. What do you guys think will be best for daily use?
Old 02-07-11, 09:58 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DPK*David
I know Im bringing back an old thread but I was wondering what you guys thought about uas/kyb air vs. meagan lp coilovers. That is what I am debating between. I dont want to get meagans and air its either or. What do you guys think will be best for daily use?
megans are even hated by schassis people. get stance. much better
Old 02-07-11, 11:01 PM
lunatyk
Lead Lap

I can vouch for Stance as well. I have them and I use them hard. Slammed and fully stiff. No problems yet...
Old 02-08-11, 09:31 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really? I hear nothing but good things from Megans I rode in my buddy's GS with LPs and it rode very nice. And this was going through a crappy part of town.

But to answer David, I also have another friend who tells me that UAS and KYB rides like a dream. When I first installed my UAS on my factory struts, it felt like if I was gliding on Air. This was with factory wheels. So Im guessing it rides smoooth with KYB
Old 02-08-11, 04:32 PM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

Oh lordy I found something new to save for. Old thread made me see this possibility got to love those oldies

http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_hls.php
Old 02-08-11, 09:45 PM
ALLBLACKGS
Driver School Candidate

that kw suspension is legit
Old 02-09-11, 12:52 AM
silvciv888
Rookie

Originally Posted by DPK*David
is this the infamous dpkdavid w/ the sweet green coupe on sprint harts?
Old 02-09-11, 06:47 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the process of installing a Newly designed cup kit that will be configuarable to fit some of the more popular coilovers on the market.

The product is still in development so I'm not at liberty to talk about it until it's released for production. My car is one of several NorCal member cars that have volunteered to beta test this new cup kit that was designed and built in NorCal. Expectations are this kit will rival Roberta cups both in stroke, quality and price.

I'll be running on BC Coilovers, Swift Springs and Cups front and rear.

Handling and ride height control= No bouncing around on too soft bags when riding low and still have adjustable damping and selectable spring rates to suit my personal requirements and lastly just enough ground clearance capability to clear most driveways.

Cant do all that with just bags or coilovers. Thats the best of both worlds to me.

So enough of the teasing, I 'll post a new thread with details of this set up before the end of March. In the mean time, please don't pm me for information as again, I am not able to talk specific details about it, such as price, design, etc.

Stay Tuned

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-10-11 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-09-11, 10:02 PM
silvciv888
Rookie

oh my! i eagerly await this new cup kit. will it require a rear mounting mod for the cup like the phantom kit? straight bolt on like a normal coilover?
Old 02-10-11, 02:11 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by silvciv888
oh my! i eagerly await this new cup kit. will it require a rear mounting mod for the cup like the phantom kit? straight bolt on like a normal coilover?
I have heard a bit about the phantom kit requiring modification in the rear, of which it wasn't a cheap mod. I don't know much, but maybe someone can chime in what they know.

My cups were a straight bolt on in the rear. When I post a thread about the kit, I'll provide pics of the install.
Old 02-10-11, 02:17 PM
silvciv888
Rookie

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I have heard a bit about the phantom kit requiring modification in the rear, of which it wasn't a cheap mod. I don't know much, but maybe someone can chime in what they know.

My cups were a straight bolt on in the rear. When I post a thread about the kit, I'll provide pics of the install.
thats awesome. i believe phantoms require a mod to the top of the cup so it fits into the rear oem mount points. your kit sounds more attractive. especially when it can be paired with some nice coilovers.

can you drive while air'd to a certain point or is it only for clearing obstacles like the umbrella auto design ones?
Old 02-10-11, 02:34 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by silvciv888
thats awesome. can you drive while air'd to a certain point or is it only for clearing obstacles like the umbrella auto design ones?

You're def asking all the right questions.

That's one of the areas being tested and evaluated on several cars right now. Keep in mind we're still in R & D mode.

Stay Tuned
Old 02-10-11, 08:42 PM
jasonb75
Rookie

Waiting anxiously for the release of those cups.

Quick Reply: Coils vs Air