Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TEIN FLEX...finally installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-02, 08:29 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TEIN FLEX...finally installed!

ACK! I finally got them installed...here's some photos...I know this belongs in the SUSPENSION section but for some reason, the photos don't come up...I'll move it in there in a couple of days...

Here's the FLEX installed in the front...(check out my tenant circled in red...I should charge rent!)

Here's the setup in the rear...

On this picture, I snapped it before we had it all set (which is why that lock collar is just kickin' it there...also, that hole in the body should be filled with the screw from the stock suspension...the stock supension (and some aftermarket ones like the H&R) have a spring "shell" that mounts there...guess the Tein's didn't need it...?

Last edited by Manaray; 05-26-02 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-26-02, 08:33 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Now the whole EDFC vs. the UGO...well on the rear, it works fine, but on the front, it doesn't work.

So for now, I have decided to NOT install the EDFC. I'd rather have a STB than a EDFC any day of the week.

Old 05-26-02, 08:37 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Well I set them to 8/10 (front/rear) in terms of dampening setup and it feels a tad bit sitffer than my H&R's...I might turn it down to 6/8...

Also, it currently sit about the same as my H&R's but in the next couple or weeks or so, it should settle down another 1/4" to 1/2"...the front, I think I'm going to leave alone, the rears though, I'm going to drop until my rear wheel is SLIGHTLY tucked... Screw the rear passengers! They can cram into the back seat of the SC instead (well, at least until I lower the SC like this!)

Also, the manual is now available in ENGLISH! Here's the link to the instructions in PDF form...

http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/6t76u.pdf

My installer installed it pretty much to spec but in the front, he lowered it an extra 3/8"...
Old 05-26-02, 09:24 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool Manaray.. Thanks for pointing out the screw hole that should be plugged up with the stock screw.. Just went out and took a look and the boys did that for me..

Just printed out the engish instructions for my viewing pleasure so thank you again!

And after 2 weeks I can confirm the springs do settle just enough to make the car look just about right.. Front is a tad high but if I go any lower i'll rip it off when I go into my office parking lot..

Ken
Old 05-27-02, 04:42 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice man!

i like that little part in the manual that says "all tein products are for off-road use (that includes racing) only"

hehehe
Old 05-27-02, 10:01 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Manaray!
To bad the EDFC doesn't fit on the front .
Old 05-27-02, 12:43 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks sweet! These are fully adjustable coilovers...right? Can you adjust them close to stock settings and then to very stiff?? I've been contemplating getting them but my wife drives the car as a commuter. I'd like to keep it soft when she drives it and stiff when I'm behind the wheel. Any comments?

Peace
Old 05-27-02, 12:56 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think this is the nec plus ultra in shocks....

very nice and easy use

yezzzzzz
Old 05-27-02, 06:22 PM
RacingAristo

Manaray,

I was gonna do the EDFC with UGO STB. Thanks for letting us now. Save me couple hundred dollars and hassle. I think CUSCO STB would definitely fit with EDFC but it looks weak....
Old 05-27-02, 08:02 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

RacingAristo...Cusco STB are in white, correct? If so, you can always paint them with some nice black paint. More or less, it will look sorta stock with the Cusco bars.

Manaray- You are always too helpful! If only there were more people like yah! Though, you are a knock off"s worst nigthmare...hehe
Old 05-27-02, 08:04 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Ops, I was thinking carbing...with the white stb
Old 05-27-02, 08:08 PM
RacingAristo

When I said it looks weak, I meant the CUSCO bar is too thin compared with TRD one. TRD has the beefiest STB I've ever seen for Aristo.

I think you were referring to Ohlins STB?
Old 05-28-02, 12:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Well I'm thinking about selling my EDFC to someone who doesn't care for a STB or who has one that fits...maybe I'll look for a set of STB's that work with it...hmmm, maybe I'll just make my own...
Old 05-28-02, 11:00 AM
enginyr
Banned

I wanted these since they came out!!!!

So how does it feel compared to your old coil overs????
Old 05-28-02, 11:28 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

manaray,

Looks great and as always, thanks for all the helpful info and pics.

I'd be interested in your EDFC if you end up selling it, and if I remember correctly you said you could get the Flex as well.

FWIW, I'll be a club member as soon as I can find my checkbook, it's missing in action right now.

Overclocker

Quick Reply: TEIN FLEX...finally installed!