Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-02, 07:17 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-tuned shocks

Does anyone know if the L-tuned shocks Lower the car at all? another thing, where would be the cheapest place to get them? thanks

ShOwGS
Old 05-17-02, 07:21 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default L-Tuned shocks alone will NOT lower the car

The shocks alone will not lower the car. The shocks are the EURO-spec shocks used on the European versions of the GS/Aristo. To lower the car you need the springs too. I highly recommend the whole L-Tuned suspension kit. Try Tommy Acciarello at Lexus of Manhattan (212)977-4400 tell him Johnny Mo sent you. Or you can check with Steve Ganz (SUPRATRD).

Last edited by Johnny Mo; 05-17-02 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-17-02, 09:36 AM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

There is a benefit in doing that. But do you want to transfer your car to Volvo Cross-Country
See my post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=47448
Old 05-17-02, 09:51 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Just had L-Tuned installed yesterday. Not too much to say yet since I've not had a chance to thoroughly wring it out BUT:

this should be the stock factory suspension, period. Essentially no change in ride comfort, flatter cornering, no floating/queasy bobbing about. Feels very Bavarian, as a matter of fact.
Old 05-17-02, 11:15 AM
RacingAristo

yeah, I agree.
Old 05-17-02, 10:13 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had my L-Tuned Suspension installed today and I love the ride. It doesn't float at all anymore. The only downside is that it looks funny with the factory wheels, but once I replace them, it will look awesome.
Old 05-17-02, 10:20 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

is the drop really noticable? or is it somthing that only the owner will notice? does it take bumps any harder then the stock? thanks

Congrats on the install too might I add

ShOwGS
Old 05-17-02, 10:54 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

it is noticeable, in a good way...over the bumps firmer, not harsher than stock....no worries...
Old 05-18-02, 01:44 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mooretorque
Just had L-Tuned installed yesterday. Not too much to say yet since I've not had a chance to thoroughly wring it out BUT:

this should be the stock factory suspension, period. Essentially no change in ride comfort, flatter cornering, no floating/queasy bobbing about. Feels very Bavarian, as a matter of fact.
The GS3 SportEdition comes with the L-tuned susp. I test drove both before deciding on the Sport. IMO there's a big difference in comfort on the test drive, but after a month (exactly 1 month yesterday) it rides pretty close without the "bounce" and swaying during turns.
Old 05-18-02, 03:17 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ShowGS, the drop is 1.25" but somehow appears to be more. The techs measured, I measured, we all agree on the amount; but the appearance seems like twice that. Even my non-gearhead wifey noticed. Whether a non-owner would notice is something else. Probably not.

As far as ride, I was quite pleased. The car has lost almost none of it's comfort, though certain types of bumps seem to transmit a little more impact harshness, more heard than felt. But the car no longer feels as if it's moving around slightly on top of the suspension. For lack of a better way of putting it, there is a firmer, more sure feel to the car's forward motion. The suspension also handles abrupt changes in throttle far better. As previously posted, all that seasick, floaty feeling has disappeared. As I previously posted, it reminds me a great deal of that combination of supple control that BMW always gets right.

This just flat ought to be the stock suspension with maybe something even stiffer as an option. At least Lexus hasn't given us a GS Coach Edition (not that these are bad things in the other models, just that the GS doesn't need to be tarted up more).