Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Any SC owners on Air Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-12, 12:43 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, i don't know why I didn't chime in before, but my bags never rubbed one bit, I was also on UAS Aero Sports, but on Tein CSv2's.
Old 09-17-12, 09:10 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking of getting air after today because I got stuck again (Or almost, I had to gas it and drag my exhausts...). I'm not really familiar with the sizing of airbags, but what's the best size? I think I want the biggest airbags I can get without rubbing, or anything that's pretty much stock height lol. I remember my brother got air for his GS and they barely raised up because they were so short; he told me that his bags were already rubbing at that size too.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is the pancake compressor. The SC has a pretty small trunk already, so I wanna save as much space as I can. What are the pro's and con's to having a pancake compressor?
Old 09-17-12, 10:58 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
I'm thinking of getting air after today because I got stuck again (Or almost, I had to gas it and drag my exhausts...). I'm not really familiar with the sizing of airbags, but what's the best size? I think I want the biggest airbags I can get without rubbing, or anything that's pretty much stock height lol. I remember my brother got air for his GS and they barely raised up because they were so short; he told me that his bags were already rubbing at that size too.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is the pancake compressor. The SC has a pretty small trunk already, so I wanna save as much space as I can. What are the pro's and con's to having a pancake compressor?
Normal UAS airbags will work fine on the SC. Your brother has UAS short bags which are normal aerosport bags modified to be even shorter which limits the amount of lift the car has. It is great for driving low because you can run a higher psi which makes it stiffer. The SC suspension doesn't have a knuckle for the bags to rub on like the 2GS.

I think you're referring to a pancake tank not compressor. The disadvantage to the pancake tank is that it has a smaller capacity which limits how much you can lift the car before the air compressors turn back on to fill up the tank. Another thing to keep in mind is the design of the tank. A lot of pancake tanks have the ports on top, so when you add fittings the tank will be too tall to fit in the spare.
Old 09-18-12, 05:57 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Imo if you cant afford to do air the right way dont do it at all because you will be selling your system like many others because they didnt like it. Running UAS on stock strut is just mickey mouse and you will never be 100% leveled when aired up, not to mention you cant adjust how low you go when you air down.
1. Get either some type of coilover and Sport Aero UAS bags
2. Get Ksport,D2...etc Air Struts they are adjustable just like the coilovers with uas bag would be. Nicer but more $$$.
3. Get good air managment, you will hate life with a switch box trust me. Acuair Elevel changed my life.
4. Buy a good compresssor a good Air Zeneeth OBD2 compressor wil fill up your tank as fast as 2 vlairs. The AZ isnt as loud and dosent viabrate as much.
5.Dont forget a good 4 way manifold i also love my accuair vu4.
Old 09-18-12, 09:34 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

I'm on Megan EZ coilovers right now, my friend told me I should get UAS and put it over the EZ's until they blow and just replace that strut later since they still work. I think I might wanna run the digital easy street setup like my brother did, everything about it seemed so convenient. My brother had it in his ashtray for his GS, but apparently the SC's ashtray is too small to do that
Old 09-18-12, 02:19 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
I'm on Megan EZ coilovers right now, my friend told me I should get UAS and put it over the EZ's until they blow and just replace that strut later since they still work. I think I might wanna run the digital easy street setup like my brother did, everything about it seemed so convenient. My brother had it in his ashtray for his GS, but apparently the SC's ashtray is too small to do that
dakota digital you mean? yes it will not fit anywhere in the sc thats for sure. Plust they are like 500-600.The accuair is def worth the extra 400 bucks IMO.
Old 09-18-12, 04:42 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

I did check out the accuair, it seems pretty nice. But I think I would rather have something still rather than holding a remote. I'll definitely consider accuair though