Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

r1concepts rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-09, 08:56 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default r1concepts rotors

Well it's about time to change out my rotors/pads for new ones. I've been looking into the r1concepts rotors and pads. Has anyone purchased them? If you purchase the rotors/pads does it come with everything for the brake job such as the disc hardware, shims and so on or will I need to get buy them?
Old 09-24-09, 11:29 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

There are plenty of people on here (any other major forums) with R1concept rotors.

I've been running mine with LS400 calipers for a while now and everything is fine.

However I know Coco-bun has had issues with his previous set.

Hardware are sold separately. The pads may come with shims, but I've always reused OEM shims and fitting kit.
Old 09-25-09, 01:22 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

coco DEF had problems with them and thats one of the main reasons i got rotora PLUS the r1 concepts tend to rust VERY quickly
Old 09-25-09, 06:25 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
coco DEF had problems with them and thats one of the main reasons i got rotora PLUS the r1 concepts tend to rust VERY quickly
really? that's the problem i'm having right now with my rotors also. seems like everythime I wash my car it looks like I spray painted the rotors with rust. so how much are the rotora's blanks? where can I get them from? i'm looking for a decent price but also quality
Old 09-25-09, 06:32 PM
GSteg
Rookie

The rust on the rotor when you wash your car is normal. OEM rotors rust too.

Where the R1 rust faster is the hub area. All rotors will eventually rust, but some are coated so it may take a bit longer. I should have sprayed some high heat clear coat onto the hub before I use the rotors.
Old 09-25-09, 07:16 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i used bbq paint that is rated at like 1500 degrees on my rotors.. so far no rust (Hub area).
Old 09-30-09, 11:58 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kevin.tran
really? that's the problem i'm having right now with my rotors also. seems like everythime I wash my car it looks like I spray painted the rotors with rust. so how much are the rotora's blanks? where can I get them from? i'm looking for a decent price but also quality
i just googled them and found the cheapest place. its been so long i dont remember where i got them or how much they were

Originally Posted by vwynn
i used bbq paint that is rated at like 1500 degrees on my rotors.. so far no rust (Hub area).
you can do that method also
Old 09-30-09, 07:33 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

R1 Concept.... LOL
Had them for one year.

-They sent me rotors with the wrong hole size drilled. It was so off everytime my suspension moved, the rotors moved with them. Only did I get a hold them after calling/emailing them every effin day for at least a week. They did get me another pair at no cost.

-The rotors started to warp after after 2 months.

-When i tried to replace them, the driver side rotor was so rusted on there, no sledgehammer could get them off.

Got Rotora, couldn't be happier.
Shoulda gotten those to begin with.
Old 09-30-09, 07:43 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so how much are the rotora's blanks? where can I get them from?
I got them from vividracing.com.

just don't expect to get them when you want to. I bought them from vividracing since it was recommended from my friend. I NEEDED them by a Thursday, and only bought them with that promise. I got them the next Monday...while I was in a business trip for two weeks.

Best price though.
Old 09-30-09, 07:49 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the r1s there fine yes they rust that what steel does when water hits it duhh. no but jokes aside the nicer ones have a zinc coating on them thats the only difference just get brake caliper paint at pep boys and paint the centers if you use regular high heat paint will come off when you clean it with brake cleaner if you overspray use brake cleaner to clean off before it dries. oh and just messing with you guys nobody get hurt feelings about the duhhh now
Old 10-01-09, 09:50 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I got them from vividracing.com.

just don't expect to get them when you want to. I bought them from vividracing since it was recommended from my friend. I NEEDED them by a Thursday, and only bought them with that promise. I got them the next Monday...while I was in a business trip for two weeks.

Best price though.
u know coco now that i think bout it....that website rings a bell. think i may have gotten mine from there also.
Old 10-01-09, 10:53 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Sigh..too late guys I have already ordered from R1concepts. So I guess I'll just test it out. I got the OEM replacements front and back rotors w/ the Hawks HPS pads. Hope everything goes well or else Imma be Pi$$ed with new warped rotors.
Old 10-01-09, 10:55 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Lots for people have R1s and are fine with them. But like any products, occasionally you'll get a bad batch.
Old 10-02-09, 11:13 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sigh..too late guys I have already ordered from R1concepts. So I guess I'll just test it out. I got the OEM replacements front and back rotors w/ the Hawks HPS pads. Hope everything goes well or else Imma be Pi$$ed with new warped rotors.
you'll like the hawk pads....

Originally Posted by GSteg
Lots for people have R1s and are fine with them. But like any products, occasionally you'll get a bad batch.
very true henry
Old 10-03-09, 01:32 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
you'll like the hawk pads....

I don't like my Hawk HPS pads. I had EBC Greenstuff and the Hawk pads have a lower initial bite, stopping power and feel is about the same, but they make dust like crazy and are noisier than my EBC's which had very little dust and was dead quiet. Pads lasted a long time too. At this point I might just switch the pads early with some ceramic pads. Should have bought ceramic to begin with.

Quick Reply: r1concepts rotors