Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Getting F-Sport Suspension Installed Tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-09, 07:49 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good. Did you get your alignment done and where?
Old 09-14-09, 07:54 AM
sandwiches
Driver

I'm going to get the alignment next week. John recommended a place in Santa Clara, will PM you the name.
Old 09-14-09, 08:17 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very nice and I'm glad you like the ride.

Now it's screaming for bigger wheels.
Old 09-14-09, 08:52 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Looks great. You're lucky with no clunking noise.
Old 09-14-09, 09:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dojoman
Looks great. You're lucky with no clunking noise.
You still have the clunking? Are you going to have dealer install Tien siliencers and do bushings reset?
Old 09-14-09, 09:48 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS-SV
You still have the clunking? Are you going to have dealer install Tien siliencers and do bushings reset?
yes still clunking but seems not as loud, maybe I got used to the noise? I already talked to them, they said it's normal springs noise. I should've install the silencer before installing but not sure they will put them on for free afterward.
Old 09-14-09, 10:05 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

yes still clunking but seems not as loud, maybe I got used to the noise? I already talked to them, they said it's normal springs noise. I should've install the silencer before installing but not sure they will put them on for free afterward.
My opinion, if you buy the Tien siliencers, then they should install them for you, so that you are a happy customer.

The more I read (on CL forum) about "resetting bushing procedure" and the written instructions that came with my Eibach springs, I wonder if all the shops are really following these procedures that closely.

Is the noise just from rear suspension area? And on what kind of bumps?
Old 09-14-09, 11:00 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The more I read (on CL forum) about "resetting bushing procedure" and the written instructions that came with my Eibach springs, I wonder if all the shops are really following these procedures that closely.

Given the number of folks who are under the mistaken impression that steel springs "settle" I suspect relatively few shops actually do it correctly.
Old 09-14-09, 11:28 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

My opinion, if you buy the Tien siliencers, then they should install them for you, so that you are a happy customer.

Is the noise just from rear suspension area? And on what kind of bumps?
I hear from rear suspension only especially the passenger side. I don't hear from driver's side maybe because I'm driving? I only hear this "thump" only when I drive on a really high speed bumps with high speed. If I slowed down significantly I don't hear it at all.
Maybe you should stop by one day to hear it in person. PM me if you're interested.
Old 09-14-09, 12:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I hear from rear suspension only especially the passenger side. I don't hear from driver's side maybe because I'm driving? I only hear this "thump" only when I drive on a really high speed bumps with high speed. If I slowed down significantly I don't hear it at all.
Maybe you should stop by one day to hear it in person. PM me if you're interested.
Ok I might PM you later in the week, I just got back from mini-vacation.

I'm curious, do you hear it going over speedbumps in parking lots?
Old 09-14-09, 12:59 PM
Vscious350
Rookie

FYI...

I have the exact same problem & location as you described on my 2009. I brought it back to the dealer where I road tested it with their technician. He agreed that the 'clunk' noise was isolated primarily from one side and was not normal 'lowered suspension noise' as he first suspected. He kept my car overnight so they could remove the springs and inspect.

The next day my service rep called me and told me that these F-sports are defective, and manufacturer realizes this so they are producing a replacement. He said that the new version of the F-sports will be released to the dealers within a month and that he would swap them out for me under my warranty.
Old 09-14-09, 01:07 PM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

I have the clunking in the right rear on speed bumps with my F-sports too. The faster i go through the speed bump, the harder it clunks...

I made a thread about this a few weeks ago:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ight-rear.html
Old 09-14-09, 01:29 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vscious350
FYI...

I have the exact same problem & location as you described on my 2009. I brought it back to the dealer where I road tested it with their technician. He agreed that the 'clunk' noise was isolated primarily from one side and was not normal 'lowered suspension noise' as he first suspected. He kept my car overnight so they could remove the springs and inspect.

The next day my service rep called me and told me that these F-sports are defective, and manufacturer realizes this so they are producing a replacement. He said that the new version of the F-sports will be released to the dealers within a month and that he would swap them out for me under my warranty.
Well you just opened a can of worms. I didn't buy the springs from the dealer, from another member so I'm not sure how they can replace under warranty for me. I'm gonna raise this question again during my next service.
Old 09-14-09, 02:02 PM
sandwiches
Driver

I was really anxious about the clunk noise, so after installation I hit every bump possible-- sped over speedbumps to try to create the noise, but nothing I did could make anything that sounded like a clunk! I will keep you guys updated.

As you can see from my pics, I only have a silencer on the 2nd and 4th dead coil of each rear.
Old 09-14-09, 02:11 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I think the silencers can be installed without any disassembly. So maybe they can just put it on the lift and install Tien silencers.

Quick Reply: Getting F-Sport Suspension Installed Tomorrow!