Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein HA nightmare Ended.... LONG STORY

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-02, 09:29 PM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Tein HA nightmare Ended.... LONG STORY

Every since I had the Tein HA installed on my car, one of the back click assembly never worked.... it will continue to turn and turn on bothside and never reach an end.

4 weeks ago, I had talk with auth dealer... they called tein for me.. and Tein decide to side me a click assembly part.. which is about size of a small finger tip. When Auth dealer received the assembly, they ship out the assembly using regular US Mail env... the kind you use to send out bills. By the time it got the me.. guess what.. nothing was inside... a small rip in the env..done by US postal sorting maching. I got on the phone and called Tein directly, explain what happen and ask for another assembly to be ship to me directly. You would think Tein got my message that the us postal service has problem with metal parts in sorting machine. Tein did the same thing.. as the auth dealer.. Env arrived a week later.. Nothing was there .. another rip in the env..

Shlt.. Don't they get it? I called them again and demand the parts to be placed in the box... Tein send it again in Big Yellow ENV... and finally I got the part after 3 weeks.

Now here is the frusting part: Absolute no instruction on how to change the part. No explain on what size of wrench to use.. I have purchase so many diff tools trying to remove the parts. SO PISSED. The part won't budge.. Every parts that I buy has to be filed down to the appropriate size... the thickness of the wrech can only be 3mm at max... (Tein member will know this. There is a small hex screw right below the click ****.)

Because the **** is bigger than the hex tool.. and 3mm clearance to get the wrench working.. money wasted...

finally I went to the Sears on tuesday. found a Midget Wrech set.. Metric verion.. You will need the 8MM to remove the click assmebly. anyway... Filled down the 8mm wrench to 3mm thickness.. the wrench fit in perfectly.. now counter clockwise turn.. the hex nut would not move... FCK.

I was so mad at this point with all the frustration of waiting for this parts to arrived... and now could not remove the old one?

I took a cutting plier and decide to see if I can get good grip on the hex nuts.. and twist off like that.. now..not only the nut did not move.. I have scratch the gap between the nut and click assme. Now can't even move the click at all.. I almost break down anc cry... I decide to call Tein and ask for help this morning. Tein's response was asking me to send them the freaking sturt.. and send it to them for determine the cause of the problem.. I just install the freaking thing.. now I have remove the 2 back suspension and replace w/ stock wait for the fix and install the f back? Not only its time consuming.. but costly..

So I decide to ask them the price of replace with a new sturt.. they told me arround 300 and would take couple month.. special order from Japan.. tears.. rolling.. My summer will be ruin..

I keep thinking.. could not sleep.. took a closer look at the design of the new click assembly.. wait a minutes.. If some how I could break off top of the click ****, I could easily remove the ****.. I took a cuttling plier. and go at it again.. this time, I was aim at the gap between the turning **** and the hex nuts.. finally break off the top part. and just took a reg plier and removed the hex screw.. and replce with the new click assmebly..sure enough.. its now working... .... tears... tears.. I am so happy..

Old 04-12-02, 07:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Wow, quite a story. Very sorry to hear about the terrible customer service from Tein. If I were you I would take what you've posted here, format it into a letter and send it to the President of Tein, registered mail. Say you are very dissatisfied with the lack of support and that you know a LOT of other Lexus owners who might be interested in their parts.
Old 04-12-02, 12:45 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

im sorry to hear that man..

were you also having problems with the front springs being in the back?

did that get fixed? i have a feeling your shop may have done a bad installation!
Old 04-12-02, 01:25 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doesn't sound too good!!
Old 04-12-02, 04:22 PM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

yeah.. I had front spring in the back for the during the first installation.. After that was fix.. the same god dame day.. found out one of the sway bar link only had one bolt ... trying to fix it myself.. and over torque on the screw.. ($96 to get the new sway bar link and $138 for the labour.. trouble does not end.. with the click not working.. All going against me..

But in the end... (today) ride was smooth... all the trouble seem to be behind me.. (knock on the wood).

My TRD STB actual worked out well with the tein.. I will take a pic tomorrow to show some of you that the adjustment fit right through the STB.

Very easy adjusting..
Old 04-13-02, 06:28 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Wow, quite a story. Very sorry to hear about the terrible customer service from Tein. If I were you I would take what you've posted here, format it into a letter and send it to the President of Tein, registered mail. Say you are very dissatisfied with the lack of support and that you know a LOT of other Lexus owners who might be interested in their parts.
EXACTLY.

That is very very poor, and a letter should be written. Mailing the part out in an envelope? WTF is that? If I recall, their stuff aint cheap, so surely they could afford to put it in a cardboard evelope or something.

Good Luck