Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

k sports coilover

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-09, 09:04 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k sports coilover

i think im too low

The fronts are almost all the way down and the rears are all the way up!! Is their any way to rise up the rear? I know if i buy some bigger wheels the rear will go up. My question is how can i rise the rear for now until i buy new wheels?
Old 07-05-09, 09:13 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm.. well i'm guessing you had a shop install them because i can't believe that your coilovers are all the way up in the rear, coilovers should allow you to have the ride height at stock height if not a little higher. your coilovers should of came with those wrenches to adjust the height
Old 07-05-09, 09:13 PM
TxLexus400
Lead Lap

wow, it looks good but yeah i think your a little low, are you sure the collars are at the highest point of the shock or are they at the bottom of the shock? ive never dealt with k-sport but im sure somebody here has. jack it up and take a pic of the actual coilover so we can see.
Old 07-05-09, 09:16 PM
scooter58
Lexus Test Driver

the drop looks good.
Old 07-05-09, 09:26 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is super low... I think if you got bigger wheels they would rub for sure.
Old 07-05-09, 09:36 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

sorry for the bad pics. but you can tell that they are up pretty high

Old 07-05-09, 09:46 PM
mustafakha
Driver

the drop is looking sexy! but there is something wrong looking at the pics
Old 07-05-09, 10:15 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

how is the spring preload? looks like theres plenty of threads left to go
Old 07-05-09, 10:48 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i believe Ksport.. u can adjust the strut body as well.. not just the spring...
Old 07-05-09, 11:13 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vwynn
i believe Ksport.. u can adjust the strut body as well.. not just the spring...
how do you adjust the strut body?
Old 07-06-09, 01:26 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

richie- theyre base height adjustable. dont touch the spring perch, that will be right where it is just 'snugging' the spring up.

To adjust the base, you need to undo the bottom suspension arm. if you didnt install these then it will be a bit hard to explain, but you need to undo the swaybar links so that drops down, then under the bolt that goes through the coilover bottom mount itself, then undo the eccentric bolt on the hub. if you do all this you can then push the bottom suspension arm down to allow you to turn the bottom of the coilover and wind it either up or down. The collar sitting on the top of it is a locking collar, and once you undo that you can move the entire bottom section of the coilover as it is threaded inside. You will need to wind that out further so you are lengthening the overall coiloover. then nip the locking collar back up.

This is the same for the front as far as adjusting goes but up front you just undo the swaybar links, drop that away, then undo the bottom mount of the coilover and you can push the hub down to allow you to turn the mount
Old 07-06-09, 06:46 AM
richie3888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by [ant]
richie- theyre base height adjustable. dont touch the spring perch, that will be right where it is just 'snugging' the spring up.

To adjust the base, you need to undo the bottom suspension arm. if you didnt install these then it will be a bit hard to explain, but you need to undo the swaybar links so that drops down, then under the bolt that goes through the coilover bottom mount itself, then undo the eccentric bolt on the hub. if you do all this you can then push the bottom suspension arm down to allow you to turn the bottom of the coilover and wind it either up or down. The collar sitting on the top of it is a locking collar, and once you undo that you can move the entire bottom section of the coilover as it is threaded inside. You will need to wind that out further so you are lengthening the overall coiloover. then nip the locking collar back up.

This is the same for the front as far as adjusting goes but up front you just undo the swaybar links, drop that away, then undo the bottom mount of the coilover and you can push the hub down to allow you to turn the mount

Ok thanks i will try that today
Old 07-06-09, 11:30 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I was riding around like that for about 2-3 weeks. If you like your exhaust and rear bumper try to get it resolved right away. It should definitely be able to go higher than that.
Old 07-06-09, 11:39 AM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

Richie, what [ant] said is pretty much it, the locking perch for the spring is basically only supposed to hold the spring in place, the actual height adjustment is done by adjusting the strut body. Adjusting the rears are pretty easy, there are just two bolts to remove (aside from taking off the wheels). You could have hit me up earlier if you had any questions.

And yeah, you can definitely raise up the car higher than that.
Old 07-06-09, 12:11 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

mmmm sexy, forget fixing the height, have a daily scraper instead of a daily driver!

Quick Reply: k sports coilover