Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake rotors...who's rockin' what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 09:55 PM
GCOP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake rotors...who's rockin' what?

Lookin' at fronts, cross drilled/slotted, I know a lot of you have them, but I was curious about feedback. Where you got them, and how they are performing. Cost etc.
Old 04-27-09, 10:36 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first question you should ask yourself is what is the intended use of your upgraded rotors. I personally have a BBK on my GS and DBA rotors on my MKIV. The DBA 4000 series rotor is probably one of the best rotor money can buy. I haven't seen anyone that's been able to crack or warp them yet. You'll probably dissapate your pads before warping these rotors. Look into them as not alot of people run them but they come at a premium.
Old 04-27-09, 11:07 PM
scooter58
Lexus Test Driver

i'm pretty curious with this thread too..

TTT
Old 04-27-09, 11:27 PM
GCOP
Driver

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
The first question you should ask yourself is what is the intended use of your upgraded rotors. I personally have a BBK on my GS and DBA rotors on my MKIV. The DBA 4000 series rotor is probably one of the best rotor money can buy. I haven't seen anyone that's been able to crack or warp them yet. You'll probably dissapate your pads before warping these rotors. Look into them as not alot of people run them but they come at a premium.
Thanks....but...I was looking doe info on just rotors, not a BBK or somethiong for an MKIV. I know there are Rotora, Brembo Power Slot etc. that's more the info. I'm looking for......just trying to get feedback on upgraded rotors......
Old 04-28-09, 06:01 AM
esolo98
Advanced

I recently put on a set of cross-drilled Brembo Rotors with Hawk pads. They work great, no complaints here.
Just shop around when you find what you want, check the CL vendor classifieds, found some good deals there.
Old 04-28-09, 07:18 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've got supra bbk with sp cross drilled and slotted rotors up front with stock calipers in back with rotora rotors all with hawk pads
Old 04-28-09, 07:46 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

currently have brembo slotted front and rear rotors, with hawk hps pads and goodridge ss brake lines. set up is pretty good, but i think i got a little air in the lines so ill be bleeding them again soon.

i want to do the turbo supra front rotor upgrade though, just getting my parts together to get it done. after reading everything up on it i can on clublexus, should be pretty simple.
Old 04-28-09, 11:07 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GCOP
Thanks....but...I was looking doe info on just rotors, not a BBK or somethiong for an MKIV. I know there are Rotora, Brembo Power Slot etc. that's more the info. I'm looking for......just trying to get feedback on upgraded rotors......
For me personally, I would simply switch out the pads, lines, and fluid first to see how you like it as the stock rotors are very good for everyday use. Then if you're incline to upgrade the rotor, I'd go with DBA 4000 series rotors since they are nearly impossible to fade. I have friends that track their cars and myself personally and these rotors will not fade no matter how hot you heat them up. They retail for around $175/each but worth every penny.
Old 04-28-09, 12:01 PM
yemgi
Pole Position

I have had DBAs on my IS for over 4 years now and I can not fault them even on track.
On a sidenote, for street use standard disks are more than enough, drilled disks are just for show as they tend to crack under heavy usage
Old 04-28-09, 02:14 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i have TT fronts with SS lines.. looking to replace the rotors with Brembo blanks since my co-worker used to work for Brembo so i might get a hook up price =p
Old 04-28-09, 02:38 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cross drilled ones are great. for cracking and for looks.

they do absolutely nothing for braking.

just an FYI.
Old 04-28-09, 02:49 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I usually just stick to the Brembo OE replacements as they work the best and last the longest of the OE. But, this time around, I ordered a set of the EBC Ultimax BlackDash Rotors for the fronts and some Brembo OE for the rear. They are sitting in my garage and will get installed once finals are over, but I've heard nothing but good things from them... Hopefully, they'll perform as good as some of their reviews...

Old 04-28-09, 03:44 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the EBC rotors... I am running Duralast, I drive on them pretty tough, it was less than $50 for the pair if I can remember. So far, I have about 20k on them, and like I said, I drive on them hard. They lasted longer than my OEM's that were machined. I still have no pedal pulse. I did a little research on the LS1 forums, haven't found too many bad things said about them, plus a "lifetime" warranty. I am using Wagner Thermo-quiet pads as well, no complaint there either.
Old 04-28-09, 05:01 PM
GCOP
Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn
i have TT fronts with SS lines.. looking to replace the rotors with Brembo blanks since my co-worker used to work for Brembo so i might get a hook up price =p
SS lines is something I'm going to do as well. Brembo was the direction I was leaning.
Old 04-29-09, 09:32 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

have you upgraded to the supra brakes or the ls400 almost the same the supra caliper are a little bit bigger almost the same calipers cheap upgrade and worth every penny just go to auto zone pick up the calipers about 95 bucks a piece with a 65 dollar core then you take your calipers back for the core i did my whole upgrade for under 400 dollars great considering carson charges 1000 for the supra upgrade same upgrade less than half the price you have to upgrade your rotors as well there about a inch larger than the stock gs rotors

Quick Reply: Brake rotors...who's rockin' what?