Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan Racing camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 06:12 PM
is350smoke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be lowering my Is350, and was wondering if I just need to order the Megan Camber Kit to prevent tire wear

The 350 has adjustable factory Rear Toe, correct?

I don't need the Megan rear adj traction arms or Megan adj upper arms, right?

Don't care to track the car or need a lot of adjustability.

Last edited by is350smoke; 02-07-11 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-08-11, 12:22 PM
2IS350DT
Driver

Originally Posted by CarbonDtls
More or less camber will wear tires over time. Theres 2 basics reasons for tire wear, camber and toe. Toe in the rear can be adjusted but camber cannot. So if your car is lowered you should purchase the rear camber kit to put it back to factory specs. Toe will be ok since it can be adjusted with the factory part.
The camber kit will allow you to get more or less camber.

Don't worry about cabin noise if any would be minimal.
Awesome. Thanks for your answer!

One more quick question, does negative camber and toe make you lose traction when you accelerate from a complete stop? I noticed that my tires can't seem to grab on the road when I accelerate hard from a complete stop (I started experiencing this after the drop). I believe my tires are still in good shape so could this be caused by the negative camber and toe?
Old 02-12-11, 08:52 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Its also not just static toe and camber settings, its how the suspension cycles and the geometry that results. Every link has a consequence. By taking camber out on the top link, you can create an invalid geometry that could cause binding since there are two links on top that are pretty close together. Both would have to be changed IMO. You also loose uptravel clearance with your tires so it will not work with typical aggressive fitments.

That is why I made my arms to take it out on the lower rear, where it balances the toe link and give less bump steer on compression. This tendancy for the rear end to toe inward under compression is the cause for tire scrub.

Solid sphericals in this case will not cause too much noise as the rear subframe bushings are so soft, they take up most NVH from the bearings.

Also remeber that anytime you lower your car, the bushings are going to be preloaded because they were tightened at the stock height. So it is advised to loosen the all and retighten under load. Otherwise they will just wear out quicker.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-12-17, 08:23 AM
crossfire1
Driver School Candidate

Angry unhappy first time

I recently order a rear camber kit from Meagan racing for a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. they sent me a front camber kit for a 90-93 acura integra. I do not own an integra and have no use for this part. their response is for me to wait for them to send me a return shipping label, return the incorrect part that THEY sent me in error, wait, and then they'll HOPEFULLY send me the correct part the second time. they're in California and I'm in South Carolina. The mailing process takes approx. 1.5 weeks which means i'll be waiting 3-4 weeks to receive the part for my car. that's IF they send the correct part. I commute to work and get 30 miles per gallon with the crossfire but I'm left with driving my suv which gets 14 miles to the gallon and I'm suppose to feel sympathy for Meagan racing because I'm told that they will now have to spend extra for shipping to correct a mistake that their manufacturer made. this is a terrible experience for a first time customer from a supposedly credible company. if you make a mistake, I understand, but own up to it and make it right. you don't inconvenience the customer that followed the proper procedure you have in place and submitted payment for your product with no complications. Payment has been made and cleared my account. Everyone is happy except the person that needs and paid for the part. A good gesture would be to send the right part along with the return shipping label for the wrong part. Do anyone else agree and have any suggestions as to how I can handle this situation? Driven by Style, "the middle man", thinks that there's nothing I can do and I should just suck it up and wait.
Old 06-12-17, 10:10 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfire1
I recently order a rear camber kit from Meagan racing for a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. they sent me a front camber kit for a 90-93 acura integra. I do not own an integra and have no use for this part. their response is for me to wait for them to send me a return shipping label, return the incorrect part that THEY sent me in error, wait, and then they'll HOPEFULLY send me the correct part the second time. they're in California and I'm in South Carolina. The mailing process takes approx. 1.5 weeks which means i'll be waiting 3-4 weeks to receive the part for my car. that's IF they send the correct part. I commute to work and get 30 miles per gallon with the crossfire but I'm left with driving my suv which gets 14 miles to the gallon and I'm suppose to feel sympathy for Meagan racing because I'm told that they will now have to spend extra for shipping to correct a mistake that their manufacturer made. this is a terrible experience for a first time customer from a supposedly credible company. if you make a mistake, I understand, but own up to it and make it right. you don't inconvenience the customer that followed the proper procedure you have in place and submitted payment for your product with no complications. Payment has been made and cleared my account. Everyone is happy except the person that needs and paid for the part. A good gesture would be to send the right part along with the return shipping label for the wrong part. Do anyone else agree and have any suggestions as to how I can handle this situation? Driven by Style, "the middle man", thinks that there's nothing I can do and I should just suck it up and wait.
So you joined a Lexus forum, brought an old post up from the dead, just to post about an issue with your Chrysler Crossfire or to flame Megan Racing?

That being said, I agree, if you ordered the correct product it is their fault for sending the incorrect one and they should fix the problem. But you are slightly at their mercy if you want this issue corrected, all you can do is constantly bug them until it's fixed and find another company next time you want to order parts from.