Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein EDFC silver vs. black

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 06:17 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein EDFC silver vs. black

So whats the difference between the old tein edfc and the new one ? I know that the motor kit on the old silver model is smaller but other then that whats the difference? Is one better then the other? I see the older silver model goin for like $320 online and the black one for around $400ish. Who has the best deals on the new one that anyone knows of and is it worth the extra money ?
Im gonna be gettin it to go with all my other new parts. I now have the 20" donz/FK452's , CS coilovers, supra tt brake calipers and rotora drilled/slotted rotors all the way around . Everything is gettin installed at the end of next week as well as some slight fender modding if needed. Thought Id go ahead and throw the edfc on it but I wanna get the right one. Silver(old) or black(new)?
Attached Thumbnails Tein EDFC silver vs. black-mullet-midg.jpg  
Old 06-11-08, 06:21 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
So whats the difference between the old tein edfc and the new one ? I know that the motor kit on the old silver model is smaller but other then that whats the difference? Is one better then the other? I see the older silver model goin for like $320 online and the black one for around $400ish. Who has the best deals on the new one that anyone knows of and is it worth the extra money ?
Im gonna be gettin it to go with all my other new parts. I now have the 20" donz/FK452's , CS coilovers, supra tt brake calipers and rotora drilled/slotted rotors all the way around . Everything is gettin installed at the end of next week as well as some slight fender modding if needed. Thought Id go ahead and throw the edfc on it but I wanna get the right one. Silver(old) or black(new)?
Is that you on the mic, cool

They do the same thing, but if a motor goes bad in the future, good luck finding a replacemernt from tein
Old 06-12-08, 09:47 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Is that you on the mic, cool

They do the same thing, but if a motor goes bad in the future, good luck finding a replacemernt from tein
wow, good pt Fonz.
i was thinking to get the edfc when i had teins...i never adjusted them; but i only had them on for about 3 months or so, LOL

now i'm on hks, i've only adjusted them once...and its so easy to do = saved a good $300-400.
Old 06-12-08, 10:15 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

hah I wish that was me on the mic. A midget with a mullet could prolly score a lotta tail in a hooked up 2GS. But thats a good point bout the motors. Looks like I found the black one for $320 actually so imma order it when I get the call back to confirm it is indeed the newer model. Looks like Im prolly gonna end up tradin my car in for a newer gs sport design pretty soon so maybe I'll just do the coilovers on my car in the meantime and save the edfc for my next gs instead of hackin my interior up right before I trade it. Now all I gotta do is find a black on black sport design with black wood trim interior. Needle in a haystack I know....
Old 06-12-08, 10:17 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, I didnt even know they made a black EDFC!

I have the older silver one and it works like a charm. The silver goes well with the tan interior, but the black would probably match a black interior nicely.

I have no problems with my silver EDFC, it works like a charm. If you spend $1100-$1300 on Tein coilovers, maximize your investment with the EDFC. Its a must have. High Tech suspension baby!
Old 06-12-08, 11:39 AM
1SWTGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just improved smaller motors.
Old 06-12-08, 12:31 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clean, i like that.
Old 06-12-08, 01:11 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
hah I wish that was me on the mic. A midget with a mullet could prolly score a lotta tail in a hooked up 2GS.
But thats a good point bout the motors. Looks like I found the black one for $320 actually so imma order it when
I get the call back to confirm it is indeed the newer model. Looks like Im prolly gonna end up tradin my car in for
a newer gs sport design pretty soon so maybe I'll just do the coilovers on my car
in the meantime and save the edfc for my next gs instead of hackin my interior up right before I trade it.
Now all I gotta do is find a black on black sport design with black wood trim interior.
Needle in a haystack I know....

Also, blk w/ saddle interior =
Old 06-12-08, 03:06 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skcvc
Just improved smaller motors.
you cut the dash for the controller, now you have to leave it there if you want to sell the car.

I just removed the dimmer, I never used that

Silver would have matched better, but oh well.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 06-12-08 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 07:13 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

I thought the newer motors were actually bigger, guess not. Think I'll go ahead and get the new model. Found em at wildcardperformance for 320 bux. But the guy hasnt answered me yet on whether or not the ones he sells are the black ones or not, I guess he just has them dropshipped. Now I just gotta decide where Im gonna install it.