Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-07, 02:15 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Hey Drew, and everyone else following this thread, -- I got the HKS LS+ coils yesterday -- shipped and ordered via Drew from Japan! They look great, and I will be getting them installed next week. I've been busy the last couple days but I'll post some pics when I have a free moment. We all love pics here at CL!

Drew, thank you so much for all your help in getting and shipping these to me here in the states. You've been just amazing. Drew is what CL is all about - members helping each other. He had these ordered and shipped so quick. I appreciate all your pm's too Drew letting me know what was happening and then following up with a phone call to make sure all was good. It just doesn't get better than this.

If anyone ever needs a reference for Drew here it is - he's the best. Totally trustworthy - don't even give it a thought about working with Drew. He could have run off with all my money I paypaled to him, but he bought me an awesome set of HKS coilovers and shipped them from Japan right to me instead. You da man Drew!

And I'll let everyone know my thoughts on the coils after install too.

Scott
Hey Scott...just wondering if you had a chance to install the coilovers yet and what your thoughts were. Btw, I took you recommendation
and swapped out the springs that come w/ the Tein CS V2 and replaced them w/ softer rated springs for the front and back (from 9 front/8 rear to 7/6). For me, it feels great. I haven't played around w/ the dampening settings for the struts yet, so they are still set at the softest setting in the rear and 1 click from softest in the front. The ride is GREAT. It's VERY close to stock but definitely still handles better than stock. I now LOVE my Tein CS. I figure if I want any better handling than what it is now, I'll just play around w/ the dampening settings on the struts. Anyways, just wanted to give you (or anyone else looking for a coilover system that has very close to stock ride...even though you have spend about $200 additionally to get the ride) a heads up on ride w/ this set up. I look forward to hearing about the LS+ when you get a chance.
Old 07-29-08, 12:12 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if they are still around. I would also like an update on the LS+