Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need A New Suspension Setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-06, 08:22 PM
CRSO
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need A New Suspension Setup

and I want to keep a nice somewhat stock ride. My struts are blown out in the front and I don't think the guy I bought it from ever did the suspension. It has 100k on it and it's a 98 GS400. I want to get some coilovers.

I'd like it lower but not slammed and will be upgrading to 18's when I can get the wife to agree. I'd like a degree of height adjustability.

Money is also a big concern and I'll be doing the work myself.

Any recomendations?
Old 09-16-06, 10:04 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i hear about the coilovers... if you're gonna do them do them right and get Tein CS's... but that shiznit is expensive...

the cheaper way out is with lowering springs from Tein or Tanabe or something like that... but i heard that's not good with stock stuff... but wait, since that shizzz is blown...

TEIN CS it is! haha gluck!
Old 09-18-06, 09:03 PM
CRSO
Driver

Originally Posted by djjt
from what i hear about the coilovers... if you're gonna do them do them right and get Tein CS's... but that shiznit is expensive...

the cheaper way out is with lowering springs from Tein or Tanabe or something like that... but i heard that's not good with stock stuff... but wait, since that shizzz is blown...

TEIN CS it is! haha gluck!
I want the Tein CS's but I really can't spend that $$$ yet.

Is there any setup for cheaper that is recommended? Everyone out here pretty much goes with the Tein.

I really need new struts in the front pretty bad.
Old 09-19-06, 06:30 PM
johnboygs3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My advice is know your budget and wait for just the right oppuritunity to get them through your fellow CL member that is upgrading or switching to airride. You can see here through the classifieds and maybe read up on a thread that sum guy getting rid of some. I need to know your budget so I can ask around. My brother is thinking of airride since he saw mines but not sure. I pm you if you want these tanabe setup not low like how you describe you want from coilovers.
Old 09-20-06, 12:02 AM
CRSO
Driver

Originally Posted by johnboygs3
My advice is know your budget and wait for just the right oppuritunity to get them through your fellow CL member that is upgrading or switching to airride. You can see here through the classifieds and maybe read up on a thread that sum guy getting rid of some. I need to know your budget so I can ask around. My brother is thinking of airride since he saw mines but not sure. I pm you if you want these tanabe setup not low like how you describe you want from coilovers.
It depends on the deal.. I'd rather save a few hundred and buy some tein CS's that have a few miles on them than new. My front struts are blown and I should upgrade soon because the clunking is driving me insane. Plus a drop is usually mandatory with me ;-)