Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Users, i have some ?'s for you

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-06, 09:08 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Users, i have some ?'s for you

Ok, i was reading someone else's thread about daizen busings the other day, so i was curious and checked out the website. Note, i haven't changed of my busings and i know i'm due, 126k +/- , no mechanic ever suggested it, so i never thought of it. Anyway!!! Here are my questions.

1. Have any of you used the OEM tie rod ends and lower ball joints? I'm assuming they include daizen bushings.?

2. What is the difference in performance with the tie rod ends and lower ball joints? Is it strictly a busing upgrade or lowe ball joint upgrade also?

John
Old 05-19-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

1) not sure what you mean? all gs has tie rods and lower ball joints, and no they have nothing to do with the daizen bushings, they are different stuff

2) again, bushings are bushings for upper and lower control arms, and also the caster arm. but it has nothing to with the tie rods and ball joints. i have the dizen bushings and i am still using the stock tie rods and ball joints, for example
Old 05-19-06, 09:23 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

john

the daizen upgrade has nothing to do with tie rod ends and lower balljoints , those remain oem items that should be changed by now anyway.. the daizen bushings replace castor arm , lower control arm and upper control arms so it elimates all excessive movement for more precise tracking and perf , then you finsih off with the balljoints and outer tie rods and then get a high end alignment having them set front toe just slightly inward and the same for the rears
Old 05-19-06, 09:24 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

On the Daizen website they offer OEM tie rod ends and lower ball joints. Is there any upgrade to these parts? I guess is what i'm asking, as opposed to OEM from toyota.

Edit: Nevermind, Lexforlife answered my question.

John
Old 05-19-06, 09:25 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

no they are just trying to sell everything to you
Old 05-19-06, 09:28 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

LOL, , gotcha! So since i need to replace them anyway, it would be beneficial for me to get the control arm, and sway bar bushings at the same time as the tie rod ends and lower ball joints.

John
Old 05-23-06, 11:15 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
LOL, , gotcha! So since i need to replace them anyway, it would be beneficial for me to get the control arm, and sway bar bushings at the same time as the tie rod ends and lower ball joints.

John
If your ball joints are worn, it is necessary to replace those before trying to align the front end, otherwise alignment is just a waste of your time and money. Replacing control arm bushings will tighten up the rest of the slop in a worn suspension system. Sway bar bushings are a separate matter. The Daizens (polyurethane) are harder than the stock rubber and will add a subtle improvement in the effectiveness of the stock sway bars. If you really want a difference you can notice, just replace the front and rear swaybars (new ones being larger in diameter will come with new bushings anyway). There are several manufacturers to choose from including Daizen, TRD. Plenty of heated discussions have taken place on the merits of one brand vs another. Suffice it to say, you will get 10 times the improvement in handling from new sway bars than you will from simply changing the sway bar bushings albeit at more than 10 x the cost (sway bar bushings=$30, new sway bars=$450) Still, in terms of bang for the buck, probably the best suspension upgrade available. Far more noticeable than any chasis bracing (strut bars, lower chasis braces etc)
Old 05-23-06, 01:20 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for all the replies guys. Once my bodykit sells, i am going to be replacing the control arms and either the bushings for sways or possibly new sway bars. We will have to see what the money will suffice. Thanks a lot guys for all your help.

John