Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Sway Bars - 2001 GS430

Old 04-12-06, 06:07 AM
Lvangundy

Default Daizen Sway Bars - 2001 GS430

Got them on yesterday.

Impressions:
-Should have put them on myself, was expecting worse
-Car shows it's RWD nature, much more oversteer than with the stock sways. Not sure if I'm neutral or over now. I don't want to make any statements about oversteer as I'm not qualified to, but it's more noticeable.
-Small vibrations in the road are slightly passed to the steering wheel.
-Straight line driving is unchanged as far as 'comfort'. But the car feels slightly different. It is NOT uncomfortable however.
-The front end is more more directional and in relation to where the steering wheel is. It's much more flat during turns.
-I can obviously tell my alignment is not to specification with the new sway bars on. I suppose this is because there's less travel passed between the frame and the suspension/wheels.
-No strange noises within the 25 miles I've had them on.
-I want to raise up the coil height adjustment close to stock now that the body roll has been corrected PROPERLY, coilovers/struts do very little in reality compared to anti-roll bars. I don't like how mushy and bouncy the CS feel near the lowest seat height.

A friend of mine had sway bars put in his 06 WRX - this made the car extremely flat and much more stiff. That was really my only experience with sways so I was somewhat expecting the same result.

I've thought about adjusting the rear settings, to somehow make the car more 'flat' but I don't think this can be achieved.(??) If I change the setting to the third (farthest) hole I would get more oversteer, which I still need time to adjust to already.

I've only driven ~30 miles and haven't had a chance to push the car hard. Maybe I'll go up to the canyons this weekend and see how it acts. So far the difference seems minor, but it is noticeable..

More later after I collect a few miles and turns..

Oh - what's on my car FYI;
TOMs FLCB
TRD Tower Bar
TOMs RLCB
TOMs 6-Link
TOMs Rear Tower Bar
TEIN CS (~ -1.75")
Bad alignment

Thank you's to; Darrell @ Sewell, TM Engineering, Daizen

Last edited by Lvangundy; 04-12-06 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-12-06, 06:34 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news. I will have to order these soon. Geez, this car is making me broke
Old 04-12-06, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

man you got yourself a handling car there. congrats man!
Old 04-12-06, 10:39 AM
Lvangundy

Thank you guys! I'll keep you updated.
Old 04-12-06, 11:01 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new sways. I thought the Daizens made a very good improvement over the stock sways. I think it is a no brainer mod considering how bad the stock suspension floats through the corners. It is definately not a "turning on rails" improvement over stock but it is a whole lot better than original. I think they are worth the price for sure.
Old 04-12-06, 02:34 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Congrats on the new sways. I thought the Daizens made a very good improvement over the stock sways. I think it is a no brainer mod considering how bad the stock suspension floats through the corners. It is definately not a "turning on rails" improvement over stock but it is a whole lot better than original. I think they are worth the price for sure.
I hope they are coz mine are coming tomorrow or friday, and saturday Daizen bushings are going in, does anyone need any pictures on daizen bushings install, this is DIY project
Old 04-12-06, 04:51 PM
ndallas_gs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to get DIY instructions for the bushings. Talked to Darrel (Sewell) just today about them.
Old 04-13-06, 05:34 AM
Lvangundy

The back end kicks out alot, that worries me since aggressive driving could easily get me into a 180 turn ..

I went around a corner about 25-30 and gave it a little gas, the back end swooped out and VSC kicked in. eek.

Maybe I'll try the first setting on the rear bar? I think a staggered setup might correct this. For now I think I'll go on setting #1.

Last edited by Lvangundy; 04-13-06 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-13-06, 07:15 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

I have mine set to the middle setting. I also have a staggered set up and I was thinking I would adjust them to the most aggressive setting to see what happened. The back end on my car seems like it could be a bit tighter.