Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

new Racing Logic coilovers installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-06, 08:56 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new Racing Logic coilovers installed!

Out with the old, (HK$ Hiper D) in with the new Racing Logic, an Australian based company.

Okay here's the features.. springs as delivered are 17.8kg/m front and 9.8kg/mm rear. You can get additional springs for about $50.00 each to fine tune your personal setup.. softer.. harder..etc. Damping is controlled by the **** on the top, and it is 4 full turns from soft to hard.. Koni style, no clicks. I had SO many things going on with my car last night that I almost forgot to pay attention to the ride on the first test drive..what with watching boost.. oil pressure.. egts.. etc. That is to say that the ride is that good.. so unobtrusive and well controlled that I didnt even notice. I was running 2 turns in the front and 3 turns in the rear for a more tail happy setup and it had great compliance over the bumps in the crappy MB sideroads..no wandering, no bumpsteer. Now I did raise the front damper to 3 turns and it crashed a bit on pavement joints. This is definitely a race quality suspension that can do double duty on the street.

One more thing.. I'm the first GS300 in the US market to ever drive on these coilovers.

For the money and the quality of them I'm estatic.. who needs Tein at Tein prices..and I got rid of my HK$ for these too.. (still for sale!!!)

some more pics installed on the car..

I'll be putting them thru their paces this weekend on a road trip to and from a drift event, so I'll relay the findings. I'm expecting excellent results from what I've seen so far.

Finally a hi-quality, lower cost suspension exists for the Lexus crowd.
Old 03-03-06, 10:03 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet. They look good.
Old 03-03-06, 11:32 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the average price for these anyways ??

+they Look great
Old 03-03-06, 10:53 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I paid under $1000.00 for them in a group buy we had. I'll steal the slogan from a ski resort i used to teach at.. "nothing close, comes close"

I love this suspension. the more i drive on them the better i like it. the acid test is coming up when i soften them up and take the wifey for a ride..hehehe

they are the perfect complement right now to my newly broken in 320rwhp beast.

Last edited by Epik; 03-08-06 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-04-06, 02:52 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice looking coilover set. Congrats
Old 03-04-06, 10:55 PM
LexusIV
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look really good. Congrats.

So you like them better than the HKS huh?
Old 03-06-06, 09:01 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Okay, so after a long LONG day of traveling to and from an event on Sunday the verdict is in. These coilovers are an excellent buy.. at any price. I have driven on HKS, TEIN, JIC.. other supposed sport(y) shock and spring combos.. The versatility I have with these Racing Logics is unmatched except for others costing twice as much.

In one day, my car was subjected to: (carrying 500lbs of tires and tools BTW)

hwy running at continuous high speeds.. could not upset the car when changing lanes at much better than just passing speeds.

Back roads and twistys.. not in the best condition..rutted..choppy.. the Racing Logics sucked up the bumps like a champ and kept the ride smooth and controlled. I'm riding pretty low, especially with all the weight in the car and i never had bumpsteer even once.

participated in a drift event that once again was not the most smooth surface in the world. all it took was a few turns of the adjustment ***** on the top of the struts and it was ready for drift duty. performed flawlessly yet again, and i never even did have to run them on full stiff..

a special treat was the dragstrip runs at the same event.. with a few more turns to loosen up the damper on the rear shocks for drag grip it was hooking up like a champ.

now, the REAL test was Saturday night though. Took wifey out for a ride and I set the suspension up so it was soft, but stable.. still not on full soft, 2 turns..or halfway on the front and rear. It passed the test with flying colors. Sucked up the bumps and maintained a smooth controlled ride always.. no undulation on the bumps as the shocks struggle to over come the spring rate like on some other coilovers that you run soft settings on.

In comparison, my HKS were much harder to modulate and even though they were a VIP biased setup it was never a ride this smooth and damped... even with the 10/6 springs on the HKS. I would run the HKS at 4 front and 5 rear (out of 12) and it would still crash on bridge joints and bumps.

So.. the info is out there. i leave it to you all to decide, but believe me there is another option now to paying for used TEINs, JICs.. or spending baller money on new ones. There is a better setup available for less. How often can the Lexus world say that??
Old 03-07-06, 06:49 AM
Caius
Pole Position

are you running the standard springs on them (what were they....17.8 up front and 9.8 out back) or did you get softer ones? I am asking as you said that your wife liked the ride. Is she really picky about the smooth ride thing? My wife has decreed that we can lower the car but the ride must remain similar to stock, and if these are that smooth on a softer setting but with the ability to tighten it up to have some fun, then these may be just what I want. Not to mention the price ain't bad.
Old 03-07-06, 07:01 AM
modifyd
Pole Position

Jeff,
Off topic...So those are the COs you were talking about. I had forgotten all about them and ordered Teins on the GB. Danm. I saw you working on the car late Sat. night. I was on my way to Red Lobster. I should have came by but I was busy all weekend putting a fence up. Got the wheels on. LSD and 4.27 will be this weekend and soon to be Teins. I'll definately stop in next time I'm in town. I see you got the motor back in. How did the competition go?
Old 03-07-06, 07:05 AM
SaddleLex
Driver

Originally Posted by Epik
I paid $1350.00 for them. I'll steal the slogan from a ski resort i used to teach at.. "nothing close, comes close"

I love this suspension. the more i drive on them the better i like it. the acid test is coming up when i soften them up and take the wifey for a ride..hehehe

they are the perfect complement right now to my newly broken in 320rwhp beast.

Congrats on the purchase.

You mentioned TEIN a couple of times. Which TEIN'S would you compare them to? I just check l-tunnedparts.com and they have the TIEN CS for $1272.00.

Hood

Last edited by SaddleLex; 03-07-06 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 05:24 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So those pics....looks like these Racing Logic coilovers were installed on your 1st Gen GS300?

Have these ever been installed on a 2nd Gen GS300/400/430 yet? I'd be interested to hear that review. Btw, how low can you slam these? I know JICs can be slammed for car show purpose....Tein CS cannot do it.

Pricing seems comparable to Tein...so I dont see any savings there.

As for quality, I guess time will tell, huh?

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 03-07-06 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 05:33 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

hmmmm... looks to a Taiwanese product to me.

IMO we need more time to fully evaluate those, especially oil seals problems may occur after a few months of use.

BTW ... do Racelogic have a website and/or other applications? Where can I buy these in the US?
Old 03-08-06, 07:53 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Caius
are you running the standard springs on them (what were they....17.8 up front and 9.8 out back) or did you get softer ones? I am asking as you said that your wife liked the ride. Is she really picky about the smooth ride thing? My wife has decreed that we can lower the car but the ride must remain similar to stock, and if these are that smooth on a softer setting but with the ability to tighten it up to have some fun, then these may be just what I want. Not to mention the price ain't bad.
I'm running the setup on the stock spring rates.. ( well stock for this company anyway) of 17.8 and 9.8. My wife is VERY picky when it comes to riding in my car, since it is far from Lexus smooth ..or used to be. I only had to back off the damper adjustment to 2 turns to satisfy her need for comfortable ride and no jarring on bridge joints, pavement ripples..etc. I'm going to be raising the car back up to near stock height for a roadtrip back to MD in the next couple of days, I need to so I can get into my father's driveway in my car In fact, she is so approving of the ride that she is allowing me to drive us in my car instead of her Accord. LOL Damper adjustment when you want to have some fun is very simple, adjuster **** on top of each one.. I back it off ccw (counterclockwise) all the way soft and go up from there.. 2 turns.. 3.25 turns..etc. to ensure matching adjustments from side to side.
Old 03-08-06, 07:56 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by modifyd
Jeff,
Off topic...So those are the COs you were talking about. I had forgotten all about them and ordered Teins on the GB. Danm. I saw you working on the car late Sat. night. I was on my way to Red Lobster. I should have came by but I was busy all weekend putting a fence up. Got the wheels on. LSD and 4.27 will be this weekend and soon to be Teins. I'll definately stop in next time I'm in town. I see you got the motor back in. How did the competition go?
LOL.. how could you.. ?? j/k. Would have been nice to get some local feedback on a more subtly driven car than mine and a 2nd gen to boot.

The event was just a practice.. sorta got a feel for what the engine and the new coilovers can do.. very small area though. need to stretch her legs with some room.

I'll be back after the 19th.. going back home to see family.
Old 03-08-06, 08:03 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PHML
So those pics....looks like these Racing Logic coilovers were installed on your 1st Gen GS300?

Have these ever been installed on a 2nd Gen GS300/400/430 yet? I'd be interested to hear that review. Btw, how low can you slam these? I know JICs can be slammed for car show purpose....Tein CS cannot do it.

Pricing seems comparable to Tein...so I dont see any savings there.

As for quality, I guess time will tell, huh?

Pete
Yes, I am driving on the first GS300 set in the US. The 2nd gen set utilizes the same spring rates for the gs300 and 24.8 kg/mm springs in the front for the GS400.

I am running pretty slammed right now.. tucking 350z 18s, and there is more room to go, 225/45/18 front and 275/40/18 rear.

The introductory pricing we had them at was excellent, actually had a group buy on them, but were not allowed to post it here..despite inquiring about becoming a vendor.. So unfortunately all you guys that could have had them under $1000.00 had to miss out on a good thing.

Quick Reply: new Racing Logic coilovers installed!