Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

if you dont have them already, GET THEM!!!! (BBK)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-05, 02:46 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up if you dont have them already, GET THEM!!!! (BBK)

well, i can honestly say that i LOVE my BBK (rotora, and "only" a 4-POT, but its better than stock)... today i was driving home and i noticed an ambulence with its lights on, on the other side of the road traveling in the opposite direction as me... as i was about to go through the intersection i decided to look and see where the ambulence was and to my surprise the ambulence was about to make a left turn in front of me!!!! so as i was about to go through the intersection, i slammed on my brakes and WOW is all i can say... i was going at least 50 mph and i think i stoppped in about 2 seconds in like 5-10 ft at most. i was SOOOOOOOOOOOO amazed how well they worked that i can HONESTLY say that this is SURELY one of the BEST mods i have done to my car... THANK YOU to all that have had them and made me want them and made me get them
Old 11-03-05, 03:50 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by varcity64
well, i can honestly say that i LOVE my BBK (rotora, and "only" a 4-POT, but its better than stock)... today i was driving home and i noticed an ambulence with its lights on, on the other side of the road traveling in the opposite direction as me... as i was about to go through the intersection i decided to look and see where the ambulence was and to my surprise the ambulence was about to make a left turn in front of me!!!! so as i was about to go through the intersection, i slammed on my brakes and WOW is all i can say... i was going at least 50 mph and i think i stoppped in about 2 seconds in like 5-10 ft at most. i was SOOOOOOOOOOOO amazed how well they worked that i can HONESTLY say that this is SURELY one of the BEST mods i have done to my car... THANK YOU to all that have had them and made me want them and made me get them

sounds great mo

now just imagine what a 6pot up front with a 4 pot in the rear feels like.. it feels like someone put a brick wall in front of you all of a sudden

glad to see you have joined the bbk club now all you have to learn to do now is not worry about hitting something up front but watch your rear for 90% of others out there cant stop as sudden as you can now bro
Old 11-09-05, 01:16 AM
Rondo1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with you, but in my instance it was StopTech. The other day I was on the freeway going about 60mph when some ditzy woman next to me in an LS suddenly began to change lanes. I immediately realized that I was in her blind spot. Well I'm here in Seattle and yes it was raining like crazy. I laid on my horn and pulled back to let her over because she was not stopping. After a few choice words from me as I watched her come into my lane, she suddenly slammed on her brakes. What I didn't know at the time is that a truck that wanted to get off of the freeway had come to a stop in order to squeeze into an exit lane that was already full of cars. Well, you know how its amazing how fast the brain is? I slammed on my brakes and simply prepared to plow into the back of the LS. I was sliding on the very wet pavement and knew my fate was inevitable. And then it happened. A brief slide, followed by the oh so lovely quick clicking of the ABS and then silence. I stopped. And I mean I stopped on a d*mn dime! I was shocked. There is no way in he** that had I not had my StopTech BBK that I would have stopped in time. I swear that I came within 2-3 inches of hitting the back of her car, yet those brakes paid for themselves right then and there. I have never seen brakes perform like that. So if you're considering a BBK, realize that its way more than just looks - its a whole new level of safety. I personally went with the StopTech system because they were the only brake company that spoke to the issue of balanced braking to match the front/rear brake balance of the stock brakes. Checkout stoptech.com and find out more yourself.
Old 11-09-05, 06:00 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Mo those Rotoras are sweet huh? For the short time I had mine I loved them. Defenitley a worthy upgrade.
Now just call me soemtime and we will be fine
Old 11-09-05, 07:01 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the price this was definately a worthy upgrade and worth every penny. It has helped me on a few occassions when someone cut in front of me and then slammed on their brakes. They have definately paid for themselves.
Old 11-09-05, 11:05 AM
Rondo1
Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
For the price this was definately a worthy upgrade and worth every penny. It has helped me on a few occassions when someone cut in front of me and then slammed on their brakes. They have definately paid for themselves.
Yes I agree. I just never actually thought of the brakes paying for themselves. I always focused on the asthetics of how great they look. Now I'm thinking otherwise. They look great AND they saved my butt (and my blue baby!)
Attached Thumbnails if you dont have them already, GET THEM!!!! (BBK)-lexus32.jpg  
Old 11-16-05, 09:01 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Default BBK saves the day AGAIN!!!

well, i can honestly say that my BBK has paid dividends... again, today, i can say that it saved me... i was driving in the rain on a dark and curvy road at night and i start to see a circular glare on the left side of the road and then it started moving slowly and then i saw it, a deer, and a HUGE one at that!!! i slammed on the brakes and in seconds i stopped on the dime in the rain!!! WOW again, i REALLY LOVE THEM!!!!!!
Old 11-18-05, 06:49 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't agree more with you guys. They can pay for themselves in an instance where you come inches from hitting someone or something and if you think what would have happen if you didn't have them.... Glad to see you enjoying them, now be careful of riding behind people's butts thinking you can stop in time cuz you own bbk
Old 11-18-05, 08:11 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

How much are the BBK 6-pot (front) vs. the 4-pot (all the way around)? And where's the best place to get them?
Old 11-19-05, 08:41 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinGS
How much are the BBK 6-pot (front) vs. the 4-pot (all the way around)? And where's the best place to get them?

It all depends on what company you go with. I believe the 6 pot would be AP Racing, Rotora and Endless. 4Pot would be Brembo, Stoptech, Rotora and there are a few others I believe. As far as 4 corner systems Rotora has one for the GS, and Stoptech was supposed to release the rears to complete the system, but they were only going to be 2 pot. As far as prices you will have to look around the net. I got my Stoptech for a pretty good deal from Todd at TMEngineering. His SN is DoubleWhoosh and you can pm him for info see what other BBKs he can get. You can also contact SUPRATRD and see what prices he can give you.