Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What are my Braking Options...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-05, 10:02 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are my Braking Options...

I can't go with a BBK if I keep the 20" Auto Couture Magnifique, so what should I do braking wise to get the best stopping power.

I was thinking of going with Brembo Sport Rotors from Tirerack, just got some PBR/AXXIS Ultimate Ceramic Brake Pads from RRocket, and probably a set of stainless steel Goodridge lines from Carsons. You guys think this will do the trick? I know it's no BBK, but I need more stopping power, the ACs and tires are freaking heavy...
Old 06-28-05, 04:25 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think from what other members have experienced is that the SS lines improve pedal feel alot. Im not sure if there is a huge improvement over stock with the rotors and pads but there will be some improvement. I got my brembo rotors from tirerack and they are great I think if you search though you can find them cheaper, I just didnt have that luxury
Old 06-28-05, 04:34 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

SS lines - better feel

Aggressive pads - better bite. The Ultimates will generate lots of dust, will squeal, and are harsher on the rotors.

Better rotors - better match for the aggressive pads and reduces wear and tear using these pads.

Softer, stickier tires - a lot of braking depends on how well your tires grip the ground. The drawback is higher wear. Most of the performance tires from the big brands are fine.
Old 06-28-05, 06:55 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get better pads. The Axxis Ultimates are not the best pads ... but merely a price attractive option.

If you do not any comprimise ... go for Mintex M1144 or any other brandname pad. Note that the more aggressive pads will be more noisy and more dusting (although the Ultimates are wellknown of their brake dust).