Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Looking for a good set of coilovers, where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04, 04:28 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a good set of coilovers, where to buy?

Hey guys, it's about time I dropped the GS. Can you recommend a good set of coilovers and where to purchase them for a good deal? Some recommended Tein CS since it's the smoothest Tein makes. Someone also recommended Apexi WS for it's price (600-700). TIA.
Old 10-17-04, 05:05 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to CL. Try Steve at Carson Toyota (SN: SUPRATRD), website is http://l-tunedparts.com/. I purchased a set of Apex'i coilovers from Steve at a great price.

2 other resources here:

Vender Forum:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...s=&forumid=118

Classifieds:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...p?s=&forumid=3

Last edited by pvmike1; 10-17-04 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-17-04, 05:14 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

TM Engineering is offering Tein HA's for a great price with free shipping:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=130250

Last edited by BR1AN; 10-17-04 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-17-04, 05:37 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, TM engineering and Carson Toyota are the two best dealers.

CS: Closest to stock ride
Flex: Close to stock ride, a lil rougher, but handles like crazy
HA: Stiff ride, awesome handling.

All of Tein's stuff you can adjust the height and the stiffness, but on Apexi's you cannot adjust the ride stiffness, which I thought was a big selling point with the Tein's

Gapxguy, I also shot you a pm about some coils I have for sale.

Last edited by Blue98Gs3; 10-17-04 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-17-04, 06:15 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably will not find any Apexi' WS coils for $700. They had a huge blowout a few months ago but it ended quick. Goodluck tho.... I'm thinking Tein's would be very accomodating.
Old 10-17-04, 06:16 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

In addition to Teins and Apexi, I also think Tom makes a set of the Advox, and of course Jtanyo has the HKS set, bilstein also makes a set, but all those except for bilstein are very pricy.

Bilstien I think is height adjustable, but also not dampning adjustable.
Old 10-17-04, 06:21 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Another shameless plug, but I've got a set of Flex that would meet everything you want:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=135873
Old 10-17-04, 07:38 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

bilstein pss coils really great setup but price has now shot up to over 1200 from 8ish range , i think i had bought the last set in the low 800 range
Old 10-17-04, 11:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by BR1AN
TM Engineering is offering Tein HA's for a great price with free shipping:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=130250
yup, tm engineering gets my choice. i got all my stuff from them, from HA to flex to now the CS. i got the CS for a great price new
Old 10-18-04, 01:04 AM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

I noticed my thread has moved. Sorry guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm still getting use to navigating. It looks like I'd have to go with Tein CS since I want the closest to stock ride as possible. I just read Romini's thread about the three, HA, Flex, and CS. I would like the CS, but Romini said it won't drop that low? I would like to tuck my wheels for the heck of it sometimes, but CS won't let me do that? Also, what's the best price for a new set of Tein CS? pvmike1 mentioned Carson Toyota, how much is it there? Will I have to go through someone for the special price?

Also, if I go with springs, which are best for my application? I want the lowest possible with the best quality ride.

Thanks for your replies guys, appreciated it.

Last edited by gapxguy; 10-18-04 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-18-04, 01:16 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

hey gap!! we have another honda-tech to club-lexus convert. Feel free to ask all the questions you need. You will be able to find a lot of your answers with the search function like ht. Like you, I also decided to get something closest to stock as possible, therefore I got the cs too. you might want to consider the worldsports. they come close to stock as well, from what I searched. I was looking to those because there was a slight cost difference, but I came up on a deal with the cs. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-04, 01:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by gapxguy
I noticed my thread has moved. Sorry guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm still getting use to navigating. It looks like I'd have to go with Tein CS since I want the closest to stock ride as possible. I just read Romini's thread about the three, HA, Flex, and CS. I would like the CS, but Romini said it won't drop that low? I would like to tuck my wheels for the heck of it sometimes, but CS won't let me do that? Also, what's the best price for a new set of Tein CS? pvmike1 mentioned Carson Toyota, how much is it there? Will I have to go through someone for the special price?

Also, if I go with springs, which are best for my application? I want the lowest possible with the best quality ride.

Thanks for your replies guys, appreciated it.
well it doesn't drop as low as the HA or the flex, but it's still low enough for you to tuck the tires. you can look at my gallery to see pics of my car. you can see how low it is right now. and i can still go lower if i choose to
Old 10-18-04, 08:52 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
well it doesn't drop as low as the HA or the flex, but it's still low enough for you to tuck the tires. you can look at my gallery to see pics of my car. you can see how low it is right now. and i can still go lower if i choose to
It is also easier to tuck it if you have 20s (or 19s fat).
Old 10-18-04, 07:52 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by audio28
hey gap!! we have another honda-tech to club-lexus convert. Feel free to ask all the questions you need. You will be able to find a lot of your answers with the search function like ht. Like you, I also decided to get something closest to stock as possible, therefore I got the cs too. you might want to consider the worldsports. they come close to stock as well, from what I searched. I was looking to those because there was a slight cost difference, but I came up on a deal with the cs. Hope this helps.
Hehe, I knew I'd find another H-T member around here. I guess I'm going with the Tein CS. I'm now searching for the best prices on those. Whose cheaper? Carson Toyota or TM Engineering?
Old 10-18-04, 07:55 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by gapxguy
Hehe, I knew I'd find another H-T member around here. I guess I'm going with the Tein CS. I'm now searching for the best prices on those. Whose cheaper? Carson Toyota or TM Engineering?
They are pretty close. Both are great vendors. If you are in SoCal, one advantage to TM is that you can buy and have them install for you too. Although Carson Toyota has techs there, they don't usually deal with the aftermarket stuff.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good set of coilovers, where to buy?