Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-07, 09:52 PM
ippyness
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey

no, didnt end up getting to go. i was supposed to pass emmisions. but that didnt work out. i failed BARELY funny thing is i passed nox with flying colors.. lol thats the one that deals with the egr :P passed tech no problem, passed the gas cap of course. but failed the other 2 by like .10 AND i cant print any more 3 day plates so i cant even run my car.. which i know is the reason it wont pass cause its sat for MONTHS lol. anyway upset. but she'll be going as soon as it cools down :P we'll have to have another SC meet soon. i gotta bunch of new stuff for my car
Old 08-06-07, 10:29 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that's par for the course. if it was easy to pass emissions, I'd be driving a gte powered GS right now.
Old 08-07-07, 06:52 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Russell Peters: "BE A MAN"

Steve
Old 08-07-07, 08:03 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bwahahhaaha!

"do the right thing!"

"you save 50 cent here, and 50 cent there... next thing you know, you go to the dolla stoooooore, and you buy something else!"
Old 08-07-07, 09:42 AM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ippyness
no, didnt end up getting to go. i was supposed to pass emmisions. but that didnt work out. i failed BARELY funny thing is i passed nox with flying colors.. lol thats the one that deals with the egr :P passed tech no problem, passed the gas cap of course. but failed the other 2 by like .10 AND i cant print any more 3 day plates so i cant even run my car.. which i know is the reason it wont pass cause its sat for MONTHS lol. anyway upset. but she'll be going as soon as it cools down :P we'll have to have another SC meet soon. i gotta bunch of new stuff for my car
Make sure the car is good and HOT before you get it sniffed. The hot exhaust will help you pass.
Old 08-07-07, 06:23 PM
ippyness
Pole Position

yea i know. lol i even ran two bottles of alcohol. got the temps way up there. thats when i almost passed. lol
Old 08-07-07, 08:14 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-07, 02:23 PM
Rayz
Driver School Candidate

Default Parts in Phx, AZ

I was wondering if anybody out here in AZ knows were to get used parts for a 93 SC400? Crash derby victim!!!
Old 08-22-07, 08:57 AM
huerdo623
Pole Position

local wrecking yards,like ecology,that is the only one I have seen an sc400 at.

Also I would like to get together with all the cl members from Az. but after seeing your cars, I am embarrased of mine
Old 04-01-13, 02:46 PM
BenES300
Driver School Candidate

Since this is a thread for Arizona lexus owners, I figured I would post on here. :-)

I am new to the area (Phoenix, Glendale area). Who knows of good mechanics in the area?
I want someone who is honest, really good at what they do and who will not charge me through the roof. I have a few big jobs to get done (2-3k worth of work) on my 2003 ES300 and hence I am looking for someone who will cut me a break if I give them all the jobs.

Please let me know if you guys have someone who is good.

Thank you.
Old 04-01-13, 02:55 PM
Machog
Driver

Ben, try TechPlus near Scottsdale Airport. Ask for Gary, or email, they'll give you a quote. Excellent reputation, much better prices than most of the Lex dealers in the area.

If you want to go the dealer route, I've had good luck with Bell Lexus and their parts and service dept.

Machog
Old 04-01-13, 03:39 PM
BenES300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Machog
Ben, try TechPlus near Scottsdale Airport. Ask for Gary, or email, they'll give you a quote. Excellent reputation, much better prices than most of the Lex dealers in the area.

If you want to go the dealer route, I've had good luck with Bell Lexus and their parts and service dept.

Machog
Nope not looking at dealers at all. Their prices are through the roof.
Example: $155 for an oil change, when I get the same thing at a toyota dealership for between $25-30.

With the jobs that I am talking about (control arms getting changed, timing belt and water pump, rack boots etc etc I would need to get it done by a mechanic who will not charge me dealer prices, will give me a break with the amount of work I am giving them seeing how I am a student and who know Lexus as well as the dealer techs.

I will call Gary. Thank you for your help.

If you guys think of anyone else please do let me know.

Thank you once again guys.
Old 09-23-13, 08:01 PM
Erased
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenES300
Since this is a thread for Arizona lexus owners, I figured I would post on here. :-)

I am new to the area (Phoenix, Glendale area). Who knows of good mechanics in the area?
I want someone who is honest, really good at what they do and who will not charge me through the roof. I have a few big jobs to get done (2-3k worth of work) on my 2003 ES300 and hence I am looking for someone who will cut me a break if I give them all the jobs.

Please let me know if you guys have someone who is good.

Thank you.
Five Star Imports in Mesa! One guy runs the show, the owner, best import mechanic I have ever dealt with,
Old 10-19-14, 01:42 PM
Luiarriaza
Driver School Candidate

Default No start

Hey guys I have a 97 la 400 with no start it cranks and it starts up for a second and it dies rite away so I put starting fluid on the throttle body and it stayed on longer so I thought it was fuel pump changed it and nothing still the same thing so I'm looking at coils and I disconnect one and ground it out and the car starts rite up misfiring but it starts any ideas on what it can be maybe ECU???!
Old 10-29-14, 05:31 PM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

Holy old thread revival! Could be ECU.

Quick Reply: Arizona