Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Introducing Infinite Scroll

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 10:14 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
While it is nice that the infinite scroll feature can be disabled, it is too bad that it is only disabled when one is logged in to the site.

There are times when I have enjoyed coming here just to read posts and when I have no intention of posting. During those times, I also have no interest in having to bother to log in. So, for example, when I'm having my morning coffee and just looking to spend a few minutes browsing internet forums without posting myself, I'm finding that the infinite scroll feature and the equally annoying "ask a question" pop-up, which also can't be disabled unless I'm logged in, lead me to decide to do my browsing elsewhere on the internet, instead of visiting here. Thus not only does that mean that I'm not amusing myself by reading here, but it also means that CL is getting fewer hits.
I recommend that when you next log in, click the "Remember Me?" check box. This will save you the need to manually log in every time you visit, while providing the perks of remembering your infinite scroll preference, hiding the "Ask a Question" pop-up that we display to logged out users, and showing fewer ads.
Old 04-23-18, 10:26 PM
leoshueh
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I need is an OPTION to DISABLE this terrible scroll tool as it squeezes the effective space for displaying the forum content to an unpleasant degree.

Last edited by leoshueh; 05-02-18 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-24-18, 09:36 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by leoshueh
The only thing I need is an OPTION to DISABLE this terrible scroll tool as it squeezes the effective space for displacing the forum content to an unpleasant degree.
You can turn it off it via your User CP's Edit Options page. Scroll down to the 'Enable / Disable Infinite Scroll' toggles, select Disable, hit the Save button at the bottom of the page, and you'll be all set.
The following 2 users liked this post by IB Jason:
jadu (05-09-18), leoshueh (05-02-18)
Old 08-29-19, 04:04 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
We're always looking to improve our sites and their functionality, so if you don't mind me asking, are there any specific issues you ran into with infinite scroll that led you to disable it?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Yes, using Firefox on Win10, I find it next to impossible to scroll back up, as it goes into a loop - if you scroll back up too quickly, then you end up back at the bottom.
Old 08-29-19, 09:10 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by cb1111
Yes, using Firefox on Win10, I find it next to impossible to scroll back up, as it goes into a loop - if you scroll back up too quickly, then you end up back at the bottom.
I use Windows 10 and Firefox as my main setup and I've not experienced this and was unable to duplicate this. What extensions are you using? And by scrolling up, are you dragging the vertical scroll bar to the top, using the mouse wheel, or?