Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Really enjoying the site BUT bogus pop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-18, 05:30 PM
Dolph1
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Really enjoying the site BUT bogus pop-ups

I joined a few weeks ago and enjoy checking in on the discussions using my iPhone SE. But what keeps happening is I get redirected to some offer for a 100 dollar gift card from amazon. Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it. Thanks!
Old 01-04-18, 08:00 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Dolph1
I joined a few weeks ago and enjoy checking in on the discussions using my iPhone SE. But what keeps happening is I get redirected to some offer for a 100 dollar gift card from amazon. Has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it. Thanks!
I've had that happen too occasionally when on my iPhone. I just exit out and go back in, I have the site saved as one of "favorites" (lol).

If I'm on my macbook, I don't have any pop-ups, same with when I log in at work occasionally which is a windows laptop.

Clearly, I'm not a paying member here (yet), but so far no problems. I used to have that pop up issue though on the S2ki.com forums, but being a paying member was a bonus for me where it all went away.
Old 01-04-18, 08:00 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

Are you SURE you're logged into the site as a member? If not, and you're viewing as a guest, you'll get pop-ups.
Old 01-05-18, 12:15 PM
texaslocal
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Are you SURE you're logged into the site as a member? If not, and you're viewing as a guest, you'll get pop-ups.
I’m logged in as a member and get these Amazon pop ups all the time.
Old 01-05-18, 12:31 PM
Dolph1
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m logged in as a member. The real annoying thing is you need to close the web page and go back in. It would be better if a little x in the corner of the advert was there so you could just dismiss it.
Old 01-05-18, 12:40 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 153 Posts

same issue here..

had the problem about a year back.. and then it fixed itself
it's doing it again..now
Old 01-07-18, 05:08 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Dolph1
Same here, have an iPhone and happens every time I am on this site. It happens regardless if I am logged in or not. It is just this site as I don’t get that annoying Amazon pop-up on any other site. I have cleared browsing history many times. Not sure if something is wrong with my iPhone or this site. Please let me know if any fixes to this super annoying problem.
Old 01-08-18, 05:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Thanks all - IB is aware of the issue and working on it - there should be no pop-up advertisements if you are logged in. I understand it's typically a google ad provider who resells to an advertiser who doesn't follow our advertising guidelines.

It'll help track them down when you see this issue if you take a screen shot of your device and post it, along with the device type, OS and how you were viewing the site (native web browser, mobile site, mobile app)
Old 01-08-18, 06:55 AM
texaslocal
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol it literally popped up as I was reading your message. iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​