Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

"Lexus Drivers" site

Old 12-06-16, 08:54 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "Lexus Drivers" site

First, thanks from a Lexus shopper for the wealth of information here!
If this question needs to be moved to another sub forum topic, please do so.

My question as the title describes regards the Lexus Site found here:
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...age=%2Fhistory

I have created and verified an account on the "drivers" site. The issue I have is that when I've entered a VIN for a vehicle I wished to acquire the service history for, I repeatedly received a message Please enter valid VIN for this model vehicle. I used the exact vin from the door panel which corresponds to the Carfax, 17 characters like this sample of a real vehicle.
JTHBL46F585076801

Upon contacting a seemingly very well informed CSR by phone, I was told that only the registered owner of the vehicle can access those service history files. This runs counter to several posts by members that have said "check the service history by going to the Lexus Drivers site".

It very well be that I am missing something or that Lexus Drivers site has changed their protocols recently (although the CSR denied this).

If someone here that does not "own" a Lexus as yet could verify this and or inform me of the steps required to access service history data via the Drivers site, it would be greatly appreciated.

While a Carfax is generally a good baseline for information, it may or may not be, as thorough as the data Lexus may have on file for specific vehicles.

Thanks a ton again for any help!
Doug k
Old 12-06-16, 09:06 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Hi, sorry can't help as this isn't a specific question for our Club Lexus site and I haven't used the Lexus owners site for that purpose - only my own.

I agree it would be useful, but companies are increasingly concerned about exposing any private information (such as what might be stored in service notes) so wouldn't be surprised if something changed
Old 12-06-16, 12:22 PM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE]To find service records you might try asking a Lexus dealer if they can help. Hope this helps./QUOTE]
I have tried this and found it to be of limited success due to the dealers contacted also requiring the "current owner" to be the party that needs to "request" the data. Since most of my inquiries have been for vehicles "sold at auction" and thus now in the hands of new retailers, they (the retailers) have not as yet wanted to spend the time (my guess) to obtain the full documentation.

Ah, privacy. Some times it really does limit progress to a standstill imho.

All I really want to know is if the timing belts and air bags have been serviced... Seems reasonable to me but I'm not selling a car, just trying to buy one with the best information possible.

Thanks for your help though.

A Mod. might want to insert a sticky to inform we that are in search of a vehicle that the drivers site itself and the other data from dealers is private (until you actually have purchased the vehicle) which again assumes caveat emptor.

All the best
​​​​​​​Doug k

Search this Thread