Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issue with brake purchase from Sewell

Old 01-07-15, 04:26 PM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Issue with brake purchase from Sewell

I bought some front brake pads for my 07 ES 350. One of the pad actually separated from the backing after just driving a few miles on the pad. Sewell wanted me to send the pads back to them for inspection before they send me a new set of pads. Their parts cost less but if you run into issues it could cost you far more in the long run. I expected better customer service from a Lexus dealer. The pads only cost $52.00. I could have bought them locally for $20.00 more and came out better.

I was contacted shortly after this post by Sewell's Club Lexus representative. he said he saw my post on Club Lexus and want to make it right. He sent me a new set of brake pads and a single rotor to replace the affected rotor as the pads had put a grove on one side of the rotor. So all is well and I am now a happy camper!

Last edited by Jimmybasco; 01-30-15 at 11:56 AM. Reason: issue was resolved
Old 01-07-15, 04:28 PM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

I bought some front brake pads for my 07 ES 350. One of the pad actually separated from the backing after just driving a few miles on the pad. Sewell wanted me to send the pads back to them for inspection before they send me a new set of pads. Their parts cost less but if you run into issues it could cost you far more in the long run. I expected better customer service from a Lexus dealer. The pads only cost $52.00. I could have bought them locally for $20.00 more and came out better.

I was contacted shortly after this post by Sewell's Club Lexus representative. he said he saw my post on Club Lexus and want to make it right. He sent me a new set of brake pads and a single rotor to replace the affected rotor as the pads had put a grove on one side of the rotor. So all is well and I am now a happy camper!

Last edited by Jimmybasco; 01-30-15 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Issue was resolved
Old 01-07-15, 04:30 PM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

Last edited by Jimmybasco; 01-30-15 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Issue was resolved
Old 01-07-15, 04:50 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmybasco
Boohoo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-07-15, 07:32 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

You could have taken pictures, which I did when I had an issue. It was flawless on the claim, they replaced it very quickly. I just wonder on how the pad will split with the metal backing, seems weird.

How did you make out?
Old 01-07-15, 08:42 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear. When i had a problem with my shift **** seizing up (a few months after i bought it), they sent me the new one first and requested the old one back afterwards.
Old 01-07-15, 09:03 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Buckle up...
Story:
I purchased the "oval exhaust tips" for my 250 last year... after consulting the website which claimed that they were a simple clamp on application AND emailing the sewell support team MANY TIMES to verify fitment, I was assured that these would fit no problem....

PROBLEM:
1. They stuck out behind my rear bumper by almost 5" (stock bumper) --- quite the exhaust "tip"
2. They did NOT simply wrap around the stock muffler and "tighten on" as advertised... they would not fit. I took it to a muffler shop which informed me that a sleeve would be necessary to actually use the "clamp on ability"... but this wouldn't solve the massive tip issue.

Solution:
I had to get them cut down a few inches, and welded to the base of my muffler.

Round 2: (a few weeks ago)
Sewell no longer ships outside of the US because of too many complaints of people abusing the discount prices of sewell: taking away from the business of dealers.
... So I had to use mail forwarding thru "shipito.com" ... this middle man method costed me a ridiculous amount for "shipping and handling" fees...

I am really disappointed with Sewell at the moment.