Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

bumped off CL when using Windows 8.1/AOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 12:33 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts
Default bumped off CL when using Windows 8.1/AOL

Not sure what is going on, but I can no longer access CL. I've been using Windows 8.1 and signing on through AOL 7.5 for a year on my pc and all had been fine until recently. I did renew my McGafee, so I thought maybe something happened with that or a Firewall. Went into McGafee and disabled a firewall, then I was able to log back on here for ONE DAY. Now it's back to bumping me off. I can sign in through Google Chrome, but I thought AOL was using GC to begin with. I know no one uses AOL anymore, but I do for work and all my junk is saved on there, so I am not giving it up. Any one have any tips? I feel I've tried everything and I dont' get why it worked for a year and now no longer. Thanks
Old 01-06-15, 06:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Try deleting your cookies / cache and logging back in.
Old 01-07-15, 03:17 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Deleted cookies several times and no luck. Oddly, after deleting cookies, it still has me signed in to CL, even after shutting down the computer and coming back. I've got everything checked off for when deleting cookies, so I dont' know what else I can delete or clear out as far as history goes. In the past, it's always logged me off automatically after deleting cookies.

Through all this, I've been able to go as far as get on to a forum, but get bumped off once I click on a topic to open. The AOL browser comes on with an error message saying something went wrong with the browser, then CL closes out. Again, works fine right here while I access CL through Google Chrome, but not when going through AOL. It will also not allow me to click on the "Contact" button at the bottom of the page to send a message to the techs here. I'm at a loss trying to figure this out.
Old 01-07-15, 04:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I suspect aol browser cookies are saved elsewhere if you are still,logged in and not getting deleted . Maybe try to look for those

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/...ternalId=10273

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/...ernalId=223531
Old 01-08-15, 03:14 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Success so far tonight. There seems to be a computer cookies delete and an AOL cookies delete. I was doing the computer one and not the AOL one. Never had to do an AOL one before. Your last link led me to the page. Thanks much!