Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Deleted post notification?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 11:08 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Deleted post notification?

If someone, assuming a Mod, deletes one of my posts do they notify me? I am subscribed to a post that I remember posting on by my post is gone.

Just Curious.

notification?
Old 11-05-08, 06:23 AM
Debonair
iModerate

??????????
Old 11-05-08, 10:19 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I dont think you get any automated notification at all, at least I never did..
Old 11-05-08, 10:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

There is no automated notification. Depending on the situation the moderator who removes a post sometimes PMs the thread starter with an explanation (or issues a warning or infraction depending on the situation).

Debonair, I've looked through every single one of the 25 posts you've started and not a single one has been deleted. If you remember the topic I will look for it specifically. However, if you've simply posted in / subscribed to something that has been removed because it violated our terms of service you will almost never get a PM.

For example (saw this while searching your posts), a moderator removed a bunch of posts from a spammer yesterday who joined and hit 10 different Lexus model forums about a calendar and discounts for his business. You posted in that thread which was ultimately removed from the main forums. You won't get any notification about that.
Old 11-05-08, 11:53 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Thank you for the clarification.

A member posted a "For Sale" item in an incorrect forum. I posted to it and therefore was subscribed. It was then moved to another location (still wrong i think) and my post was deleted but my subscription was not.

Just something I noticed and was curious about.
Old 11-05-08, 12:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Debonair
Thank you for the clarification.

A member posted a "For Sale" item in an incorrect forum. I posted to it and therefore was subscribed. It was then moved to another location (still wrong i think) and my post was deleted but my subscription was not.

Just something I noticed and was curious about.

OK gotcha, you're probably talking about this post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=388989

and are right, it was moved to the wrong classifed spot (which I fixed).

You are still getting notifications from your post because it's still there - but only moderators can see it.

PS, I'd suggest in the future using the 'report a post' button instead of bumping a thread with a comment something like this:

"In before the move!

Double wrong - This is NOT the classifieds and this is for the 98-05 GS, NOT 06+.

FS POST FAIL "
It'll help the moderator team locate and fix issues rather than likely creating more of them for us when the original poster flames you back .

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-05-08 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-05-08, 12:42 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
OK gotcha, you're probably talking about this post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=388989

and are right, it was moved to the wrong classifed spot (which I fixed).

You are still getting notifications from your post because it's still there - but only moderators can see it.

PS, I'd suggest in the future using the 'report a post' button instead of bumping a thread with a comment something like this:

"In before the move!

Double wrong - This is NOT the classifieds and this is for the 98-05 GS, NOT 06+.

FS POST FAIL "

It'll help the moderator team locate and fix issues rather than likely creating more of them for us when the original poster flames you back .
BUSTED!! Haha.

I was not aware, or had not noticed, the report a post function. I will do.

Thanks Again