Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Birthday?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-08, 07:21 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birthday?

Its my birthday and i got a email from all my other car site forums: bmw,slk etc... i dont think club lexus does this, maybe we can start? I think itll be a nice way of wishing members a happy bday through an email? if not sorry in advance.
Old 07-01-08, 07:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

We really try to limit the amount of email that is generated from our forum for a number of good reasons, so we won't implement this. Three of the primary reasons are:

1) Every piece of mail we send out can increase sensitivity of ISP mail filters to automatically block clublexus email which complicates notifications and new member enrollments
2) Part of our agreement with our members that we take very seriously is not to spam them with random emails.
3) We all get enough email in our lives and an automatically generated 'happy birthday' is like the cashier at the grocery store saying 'have a nice day'. Not really meaningful or personal. If you want to make it personal, go look at our forum calendar where we list birthdays and send a message to those you want to greet.

Thanks for the idea anyway!

PS Happy birthday
Old 07-01-08, 10:32 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We really try to limit the amount of email that is generated from our forum for a number of good reasons, so we won't implement this. Three of the primary reasons are:

1) Every piece of mail we send out can increase sensitivity of ISP mail filters to automatically block clublexus email which complicates notifications and new member enrollments
2) Part of our agreement with our members that we take very seriously is not to spam them with random emails.
3) We all get enough email in our lives and an automatically generated 'happy birthday' is like the cashier at the grocery store saying 'have a nice day'. Not really meaningful or personal. If you want to make it personal, go look at our forum calendar where we list birthdays and send a message to those you want to greet.

Thanks for the idea anyway!

PS Happy birthday
Do you really mean that Dave GS4 "Happy Birthday"

lol

jkjk

Happy Birthday 1989lexus!!!!

Where you born in 1989 if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-12-08, 06:30 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by valgs350
Where you born in 1989 if you don't mind me asking?
He's probably had Lexus cars since their inception in 1989.
Old 07-12-08, 08:27 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

No i was not born in 1989. lol. Kinda young to own a GS ? well...i guess there are a few who are priviledged enough to own a GS or lexus for that matter at a young age. Nothing wrong with that =)