Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Thread removed ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08, 04:11 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread removed ?

I started a thread about how to remove a spoiler safely and then I check on it today and its not even there ? Huh ? Why did my thread get deleted ? I didnt see it locked or moved, just vanished !! I had it in the car care and detailing section. What gives ? This site is becoming a less welcoming place each time I log on. Never had so many issues with a forum before or the supporting vendors, yikes!
Old 06-26-08, 05:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

This site is becoming a less welcoming place each time I log on.
Here's a novel idea...... Try hitting the post button instead of the preview button. You have not had a thread deleted, there is no thread......
Old 06-26-08, 06:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Here's a novel idea...... Try hitting the post button instead of the preview button. You have not had a thread deleted, there is no thread......

I'm sorry UGK but there is no deleted thread (we still see them when they are deleted - the forum is set up not to allow any permanent removal). I'd highly suspect user error exactly as O.L.T. suggests. As such, please direct your accusations, anger and attitude inward as appropriate .
Old 06-26-08, 09:10 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the thread appear after I made it and even saw 4 views on it so thats weird. And what anger and attitude are you talking about ? The only attitude I see is the sarcastic comment "Here's a novel idea...... Try hitting the post button instead of the preview button." Not very nice at all.
Old 06-26-08, 10:44 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

well when you comment negatively on people's hard work and effort you will get the same type of response...

What gives ? This site is becoming a less welcoming place each time I log on. Never had so many issues with a forum before or the supporting vendors, yikes!
Old 06-27-08, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
I saw the thread appear after I made it and even saw 4 views on it so thats weird. And what anger and attitude are you talking about ? The only attitude I see is the sarcastic comment "Here's a novel idea...... Try hitting the post button instead of the preview button." Not very nice at all.
if you want people to respect you, respect them first. my parents taught me this since i was a kid
Old 06-27-08, 09:57 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
And what anger and attitude are you talking about ?
I'm sorry to disagree, but the animosity is quite apparent in your opening accusatory post.

"Never had so many issues with a forum before". Yes you've had recent issues following our forum rules with personal attacks against other members and repeat issues with profanity that you have been warned about. I and the moderator team honestly hope you can turn things around and we don't hold anything against you. Certainly we would not randomly delete your posts.

I can't address the vendor order delay that I am aware of but you know that I personally took prompt action on your behalf. I'm also sure you've seen that the vendor representative posted a detailed explanation regarding the issue.

If Club Lexus is a less welcoming place because we don't allow personal attacks and profanity, then I'll say "thank you" to the moderator team for doing our job. If you want to discuss this further, please PM me.