Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Loss of note on GS430/400/300 page

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-01, 01:09 PM
jboyle

Unhappy

To the Forum Monitor,

In my last incarnation I was "jboyle13" and had been listed with over 200 entries. In this modern and nicely updated Club Lexus, I have responded to two threads. They are (1) Where to get the best deal on a GS430? and (2) How much did you pay for L-Tuned installation? However the (2) entry entered on 3-5-01 disappeared from that thread. It had been listed just prior to Bitkahuna's message.

Where did it go? And where did all the history go that I and others created prior to this most recent upgrade? The beauty of the site is in its history that can be searched to minimize repeat questions and answers. The better answers that have been discarded will not be repeated by those who have put their own energies and interest into them. New less researched answers will continue to garbage up the Club's responses. It's not only boring; but, less informative to have lost this wonderful historic base.

VR, Jim B.
Old 03-06-01, 02:22 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The previous ClubLexus was hosted at "ezboards" which is a third-party forum hosting site. It is a free forum hosting company that owns the software.

If it was my software I would have save all the posts from before but alas it wasn't.

This new ClubLexus is working with it's own software and bandwidth and a server. As I just put it up there will be a some time until I have it tuned right including the designed of the site.

As for your post yesterday in the previous thread I explained that we had to restore the database because of a software problem. Thus some posts that happen yesterday were lost. Nothing I can do about it, sorry.