Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Whoe closed the sc vs nsx thread in the sc300/400 forums?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 05:55 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whoe closed the sc vs nsx thread in the sc300/400 forums?

Who closed that thread and why? Just when I go to reply, I see that I can't. Please re-open it.
Old 03-15-07, 06:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

A link would be helpful if you want someone to look into it.

I'm guessing it was a repost x 10 if it's that on-ramp video.
Old 03-15-07, 06:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

OK I went dumpster diving and found it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=270344

It was a multiple repost. Those threads often get closed when there is no new information to discuss about the topic.
Old 03-16-07, 06:06 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Dave, you know i'm a long time member here, this is rediculous. That vid hasn't been posted in a long time, and we were discussing filming a new version of it...and bam, thread closed. This is not the Gestapo, it's supposed to be enjoyable. Please reopen the thread, it was not stale.
Old 03-16-07, 06:11 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Who closed it BTW?
Old 03-16-07, 06:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor
Dave, you know i'm a long time member here, this is rediculous. That vid hasn't been posted in a long time, and we were discussing filming a new version of it...and bam, thread closed. This is not the Gestapo, it's supposed to be enjoyable. Please reopen the thread, it was not stale.
I know you are and I appreciate you coming back to chat with us. However, I agree with the mod who closed it (who closed the thread is not your concern).

The same exact video was posted only about three months ago.... not what I would call a 'long time'.
Old 03-17-07, 08:40 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

This is why the well known long term members barely come here anymore. Guys like Ethan B., Clint P., Scott H., Jeff, Ed W., etc. It's pretty offensive when you're trying to respond to someone in a thread and it's closed, this is extremely common here. I'm a long term member on a number of automotive and MMA forums and was an admin when I had the time for it, and none of them are run like this. It may not be my business who closed the thread but something tells me it was OLT. I will now proceed to contact every long-term member I can and ask them not to contribute to CL anymore, since you will not even give me the respect of re-opening a thread that should not have been closed in the first place. I've spoken w/ you many times before Dave, but it's clear how you're going to handle this, and i've made it clear what I need to do. Good job scaring away all the people here that actually contribute.
Old 03-17-07, 09:16 AM
cip
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is it such a big deal if the thread got closed for being a repost? Especially when ACleanSC4 linked the original post that is still open??:

"Here's my original post of this race back in August 11, 2002!!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...sc300tt+vs+nsx

*sighs* how time flies..."
Old 03-17-07, 06:17 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

The point is it wasn't a stale thread, we were talking about filming a new version, and it's hard to respond to someone when the threads been closed. It's also been awhile since it was posted, it's supposed to be enjoyable to come here, and I cannot tell you how many ppl have already told me they agree with me.