GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Online parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-19, 12:11 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 552 Likes on 401 Posts
Default Online parts?

I have to replace the mirror assembly on my RX. I've noticed that lexuspartsnow.com is a $100 cheaper than mylparts.com for an OE assembly. I had some questions about it and they don't accept calls,email only. Of course I've emailed them and they have not responded. This concerns me in case I'd have an issue with the part. Has anyone here had any issues ordering from lexuspartsnow.com?
I prefer the old school way of talking to a live person when inquiring about a part.
Old 06-19-19, 12:19 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,172 Likes on 864 Posts

Are they much cheaper than https://www.ssl-parts.com/ ?

I've seen various reviews on LexusPartsNow ranging from horrible to great. I've always gone with Superstition Springs Lexus (link above), Belle Lexus (eBay store) or MyLParts. Never had an issue with any of these 3 dealership parts departments.
The following users liked this post:
Nusbaum (10-05-21)
Old 06-19-19, 12:39 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 552 Likes on 401 Posts

SSL is the cheapest. Thanks!
Old 06-19-19, 02:28 PM
thallium
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Are they much cheaper than https://www.ssl-parts.com/ ?

I've seen various reviews on LexusPartsNow ranging from horrible to great. I've always gone with Superstition Springs Lexus (link above), Belle Lexus (eBay store) or MyLParts. Never had an issue with any of these 3 dealership parts departments.
I was looking at your link to ssl-parts.com and just realized that that is my local dealer, Superstition Springs Lexus just about 5 miles from me. I'm looking for a steering wheel clock spring and I called them to get a price quote and the part number a few weeks ago. They quoted me over $700.00 but when I go to the link you provided it is just over $500.00.

When I go to the dealership website, sslexus.com, I can't find the existence of of ssl-parts.com but they share the same address. What's the deal with this? This kind of ticks me off. If you walk in to the dealership parts counter they charge you way more.

Last edited by thallium; 06-19-19 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-19-19, 03:19 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

@@thallium : I guess they call 'em stealerships for a reason! My local dealership is almost ALWAYS more expensive than say one in NJ or CT. I also think the proliferation on on-line sales has caused dealers to become more competitive to be relevant online.

They are banking on a walk-in customer to not look at prices on-line. The dealership quoted me $199 for an alignment while I was there for an oil change..while a neighboring Lexus dealership had an alignment special for $89 (immediately used my phone to pull it up). When i asked about a price match and showed them the current, active offer, the service advisor said they couldn't match that offer and the best they could do was $149...so unfortunately for them, they didn't get my business for the alignment.

To me, it makes sense to check prices on-line first. Sometimes the cost of shipping ends up making it about the same as just picking it up locally. Other times, its just better pricing on the web and you get lucky with a good on-line deal.
Old 06-19-19, 03:35 PM
thallium
Intermediate

I don't know if they're technically different entities and therefore are independent and make their own choices regarding prices due to the technically different markets; online vs. local walk-ins, but it's likely that that explains the price differences. Almost makes me want to stop buying from them, however I'm thinking I might try calling them and see if the the "dealership" will match the online price or if I call the ssl-parts.com phone number they'll let me pick it up at the dealership to avoid the shipping cost.

BTW, how did you even know they were Superstition Springs Lexus? I don't see it mentioned on the website anywhere.
Old 06-19-19, 07:32 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thallium
I don't know if they're technically different entities and therefore are independent and make their own choices regarding prices due to the technically different markets; online vs. local walk-ins, but it's likely that that explains the price differences. Almost makes me want to stop buying from them, however I'm thinking I might try calling them and see if the the "dealership" will match the online price or if I call the ssl-parts.com phone number they'll let me pick it up at the dealership to avoid the shipping cost.

BTW, how did you even know they were Superstition Springs Lexus? I don't see it mentioned on the website anywhere.
Couple of reasons:
1) I ordered my non F sport rotors from them and the packing slip showed that it came from Superstition Springs Lexus.
2) The "SSL" acronym in "SSL-Parts"
3) See the image below with their contact info / address at the bottom right of their website's home page.
4) Link to the their eBay page right below the contact info / address. They sell quite a bit of parts through eBay as well.

Old 06-19-19, 07:46 PM
thallium
Intermediate

Couple of reasons:
1) I ordered my non F sport rotors from them and the packing slip showed that it came from Superstition Springs Lexus.
2) The "SSL" acronym in "SSL-Parts"
3) See the image below with their contact info / address at the bottom right of their website's home page.
4) Link to the their eBay page right below the contact info / address. They sell quite a bit of parts through eBay as well.

Yeah, I'm certain it is them as that Mesa, AZ address is the same for both. I just wondered how you found out. I think they try to obfuscate it so people don't make the connection and then question why prices are so different.

It really kind of ticks me off cause a couple months ago I had to replace my transmission pan. I went down there and they charged me $228.00 for the pan even though I saw online dealers with it for about $120 but I needed it now. So when I found this thread today I went to ssl-parts.com and they had that same part for about $120.00. When I was there at their parts desk, there's a door that they come in and out of with the parts and behind that door there is a large room with a lot of guys at computers. It now seems pretty certain that that is their online parts center so they are literally taking the same part off the shelf that they ship for online orders and sell it to me for 25% to 100% markup over the online price.
Old 06-19-19, 08:02 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

@@thallium : I guess they call 'em stealerships for a reason! My local dealership is almost ALWAYS more expensive than say one in NJ or CT. I also think the proliferation on on-line sales has caused dealers to become more competitive to be relevant online.

They are banking on a walk-in customer to not look at prices on-line. The dealership quoted me $199 for an alignment while I was there for an oil change..while a neighboring Lexus dealership had an alignment special for $89 (immediately used my phone to pull it up). When i asked about a price match and showed them the current, active offer, the service advisor said they couldn't match that offer and the best they could do was $149...so unfortunately for them, they didn't get my business for the alignment.

To me, it makes sense to check prices on-line first. Sometimes the cost of shipping ends up making it about the same as just picking it up locally. Other times, its just better pricing on the web and you get lucky with a good on-line deal.
$200 for an alignment!! That is disrespectful, I've paid $90 before and wasn't happy about that considering I normally pay $65 at a discount tire shop.
Old 06-19-19, 08:44 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

@thallium I would say just order online since you now know SSL-parts is really your local dealer offering better on-line prices. It does suck that they mark it up if you walk in...

If my local dealer offered better prices online for OEM stuff, i'd definitely order online instead knowing it would be at my door within a couple of days!
Old 06-19-19, 08:46 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

@YaMomma TRUTH! I've gotten alignments done for $70 at my local shop - for an alignment, its the experience and skillset of the person doing it matters most...
Old 06-20-19, 03:14 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,158 Likes on 748 Posts

Not sure about web sites mentioned above but if you see a promo code put in CL5 because some sites give a 10% discount.
Old 06-20-19, 09:16 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
I have to replace the mirror assembly on my RX. I've noticed that lexuspartsnow.com is a $100 cheaper than mylparts.com for an OE assembly. I had some questions about it and they don't accept calls,email only. Of course I've emailed them and they have not responded. This concerns me in case I'd have an issue with the part. Has anyone here had any issues ordering from lexuspartsnow.com?
I prefer the old school way of talking to a live person when inquiring about a part.
I've had very good luck with oemvehicleparts.com.... got my wheels from them, great service. Email sales@oemvehicleparts.com and drop your phone number in there and I'm sure Matt will call you... good
guy.

-Mike
Old 06-21-19, 03:05 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

You can also try https://www.discountpartsmonster.com/ I just purchased something from them and they are pretty good. They are located out of Florida. I will say though ssl-parts was cheaper for the part I ordered, so just keep this in case I guess.