IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 02:44 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Are you plastidipping the window moldings in that lower picture?

This is something that I would like to do on my black F but I drive it year round and not sure how the plastidip would hold up.

I see kids do their wheels and it looks like garbage.

The plastidip you used looks glossy, is it?
Ive got a black ISF. Used black plastidip on the window moulds, side indicators (still easily visible when in use) and front grill chrome surround. Wash the car weekly with a high pressure cleaner and had it done for about 9 months now. Overall no signs of wear. Key is prep, sufficient layers so its not too thin and i used a glossifer afterwards for that wet/shine look.

Attached a before and after (camera phone so it does look better in the flesh) and side view to give you an idea

Old 03-21-17, 02:47 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn what a story. Sorry to hear you had to endure so much. Bet you never thought you'd be behind the wheel of another ISF again after having gone through so much. Still end of the day, any accident you can walk away from intact is a blessing.

Hope you continue to recover and start enjoying the ISF again. They are a hell of a car with so much character :-)

Ps Nice use of plastidip. Send us more pics once you get the supercharger installed
Old 03-21-17, 06:49 AM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Are you plastidipping the window moldings in that lower picture?

This is something that I would like to do on my black F but I drive it year round and not sure how the plastidip would hold up.

I see kids do their wheels and it looks like garbage.

The plastidip you used looks glossy, is it?
The Plasti Dip comes out pretty matte'ish. More matte than glossy, but there's definitely a small bit of shine to it.

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Glad you got the car on Saturday!................. let me know when you want to meet up and meet some other F owners up here, you would like the diversity of the mods we have for a reference point
Sure thing! I'm excited to officially be back and am looking forward to meeting more F owners.

Originally Posted by blackisF08
glad you are doing better man, i saw that isf at kuni lexus of greenwood village when i was getting some work done on mine. i knew it was lowered on something as it didn't look stock, i ask my service advisor who's it was but he didn't know, later on i jumped on cars.com and saw it for sale at audi.

glad it went to a good home and those upgrades are nice
That's funny that you saw it. The previous owner definitely did well with the mods.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and welcoming me back. The mods on the car will be lite for now as I'm also saving for a wedding and a house, but I'm sure I can squeeze a few things in here and there.
Old 03-21-17, 07:47 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Great story and sorry to hear about our previous ISF. Glad you found another one to bring home and I wish you a speedy recovery.