GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New owner of 2010 GS 350

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-16, 08:38 AM
topnycdog
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New owner of 2010 GS 350

Been reading over most of this forum. Two questions if anyone can help. First question under rear armrest should there be lights like front seats. 2nd question can anyone tell me what these two stickers mean I am adding pictures for front and red armrest as well as stickers in engine bay.

Under rear armrest
Front armrezt
Old 11-30-16, 01:24 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Just checked and I don't have lights under my rear armrests either

As for the stickers, I've never seen those before either, but maybe they're there because the catalytic converters were replaced at some point. Presumably it has something to do with the emission system since it mentions the mods being approved by the EPA and CARB. And exhaust systems can get rusty and develop holes after a few winters in the eastern states, especially if the car was parked outside and the salt wasn't washed off regularly

Also, your car looks great! Are those 4GS wheels?
Old 11-30-16, 04:15 PM
topnycdog
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by Sodium
Just checked and I don't have lights under my rear armrests either

As for the stickers, I've never seen those before either, but maybe they're there because the catalytic converters were replaced at some point. Presumably it has something to do with the emission system since it mentions the mods being approved by the EPA and CARB. And exhaust systems can get rusty and develop holes after a few winters in the eastern states, especially if the car was parked outside and the salt wasn't washed off regularly

Also, your car looks great! Are those 4GS wheels?
about the wheels , new to this but i believe they are 3gs wheels. Okay I just was wondering what was done to the car, but thank for the info.
Old 12-01-16, 02:26 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by topnycdog
about the wheels , new to this but i believe they are 3gs wheels. Okay I just was wondering what was done to the car, but thank for the info.
If you register at the Lexus owners website (http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home) you can look at the entire service history, so you should be able to get an explanation there
Old 12-01-16, 02:30 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Just looked at my service history for the first time and found these two items – it looks like ELF is the fuel pressure sensor recall, and DLG is the cam gear recall:

Old 12-01-16, 02:57 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Those wheels are actually correct for the car. They are the standard GS350 AWD rims. I believe they are 17s or 18s. I have never seen those stickers, but they are obviously for the recalls. Looks very clean to me. Congrats!
Old 12-01-16, 03:41 PM
topnycdog
Driver

Originally Posted by Sodium
Just looked at my service history for the first time and found these two items – it looks like ELF is the fuel pressure sensor recall, and DLG is the cam gear recall:

Thank for the information, The website will not take my VIN number I am in contact with Lexus for a reason why.
Old 12-01-16, 03:42 PM
topnycdog
Driver

Originally Posted by COOLIS
Those wheels are actually correct for the car. They are the standard GS350 AWD rims. I believe they are 17s or 18s. I have never seen those stickers, but they are obviously for the recalls. Looks very clean to me. Congrats!
They are 17 inch. Thank you. Trying to get more info on the vehicle.
Old 12-01-16, 04:10 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Thank for the information, The website will not take my VIN number I am in contact with Lexus for a reason why.

Make sure you put in the exact VIN number with no extra spaces at the end. The Lexus site is very finicky. If you copy and paste the VIN, a lot of times it adds an extra space and the website will say it's invalid.
Old 12-01-16, 05:13 PM
topnycdog
Driver

Originally Posted by COOLIS
Make sure you put in the exact VIN number with no extra spaces at the end. The Lexus site is very finicky. If you copy and paste the VIN, a lot of times it adds an extra space and the website will say it's invalid.
Yes at first i copy and paste. then I actually typed it out, still no go. They supposed to do it from their end. I am suspecting that the previous owner still have it set up to their account. Because they asked if I am the only owner of the car.
Old 12-03-16, 08:39 PM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

sirrius xm comes standard , you can stream bluetooth music from your phone