NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX200T Vibration when Park and D drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-16, 07:49 AM
bebeqq1231
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX200T Vibration when Park and D drive

Just purchasebrand new 2017 NX F sport last week, I felt the vibration when the car is Park and stop with D drive. Call the dealer and was told that's normal. I have own couple of lexus in past included GS, RX, LX, IS but never has vibration. It's a Lexus and it's suppose to be quiet. It's getting annoying with the vibration. Does anyone has the same issue? Is there any way to fix this issue? Can you guys live with it?
Old 11-11-16, 11:24 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

mine only vibrates as follows.....start cold car, no vibration until it goes down to 1000 rpm. Once driving, i don't feel the vibration sitting at signals as normal rpm around 750..
Old 11-11-16, 02:52 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...tion-poll.html

Is it like the vibrations mentioned in this thread? I don't think a solution to this vibration has been found.
Old 11-11-16, 03:05 PM
d8168055
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I am now really curious how a Lexus "should" feel. All the cars I driven (in my family) range from Toyota (Rav4, Prius, Tundra) Volvo (C30), Lexus (2x RX and of course my NX), Acura (Integra), MB (E-class, GLC), I've always felt some kind of vibration. Is it supposed to feel like the car is off when you are parked?
Old 11-11-16, 04:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

OP, congrats on your NX. I know how annoying the vibration can be but if there's a silver lining, it's not noticeable in the summer as it seems to be related to cooler air and/or winter gas blend as discussed in the thread olgzr mentioned. Also , two years and 20k miles on it, vibration seems much less apparent than I recall it to be last year this time.
Old 11-12-16, 06:20 AM
Klinker10z
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No vibration issue in 2016 lexus nx200t

My car was built in Sept 2016 and I bought it in Oct 2016, only got 400 miles so far, I don't notice any vibration during park or D it is very quiet and smooth. I don't know if it is because of the F sport (I got the regular one), I think some one also mentioned in this forum about vibration over 70miles, I was worried and tested it on highways last night 75-80 miles mph with no problem just barely some wind noise. hope this share helps.
Old 11-15-16, 06:01 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I have noticed that the idle seems a bit rough, too. Definitely not Lexus like, but not uncommon for a 4 cylinder, I think. I was sitting at a light yesterday, and noticed the water in my water bottle was shaking noticeably. I thought of the add Lexus did years ago, where they stacked wine glasses on the air cleaner of an LS, and discussed how smooth it was. Not the same experience for me with the NX, but I'm not sure a lot of people would notice.

I know the direct injection makes the engine sound like it has a bad rattle, but never thought it might contribute to the rough idle I feel.
Old 11-17-16, 07:39 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The NX is never going to be as refined as the RX. I've grown to appreciate what I have. I was road tripping in California Highway 1 with a Ford Mustang 2016 convertible rental and it was such a rough ride. Transmission was clunky, felt the road more than I would like and had back pains after every drive. Loved the styling though. When I came back, I drove my RX330 and it was so smooth compared to what I was driving for a week in Cali. Then I drove my NX and although it isn't as smooth as the RX, it still feels significantly more refined than the Mustang in terms of transmission and ride quality. Yeah there is road noise and slight rattles that I need to get the dealer to fix during my schedule maintenance. But after driving with the top down in a Mustang for a week, I don't even notice it as much anymore. Lol.
Old 11-17-16, 10:39 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have noticed that the idle seems a bit rough, too. Definitely not Lexus like, but not uncommon for a 4 cylinder, I think. I was sitting at a light yesterday, and noticed the water in my water bottle was shaking noticeably. I thought of the add Lexus did years ago, where they stacked wine glasses on the air cleaner of an LS, and discussed how smooth it was. Not the same experience for me with the NX, but I'm not sure a lot of people would notice.
Too bad that was a V8 vs. a 4 cylinder

Yeah, even my sienna with 96k miles idles smoother than my NX.

As far as vibration, none for me at 3500k miles.
Old 11-17-16, 05:17 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm looking at buying a 2016 loaded NX that's been discounted $5k. My hangup is the vibration which is quite evident when in P and when stopped at a stop light. I test drove a 2017 and the vibration was significantly less. Issue is they will only come down $2300 on the 2017.....
Old 11-19-16, 05:05 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

2015 NX F Sport here, purchased 7/21/2015, and just turned 16,400 miles yesterday.
So far, no rattles or squeaks at all, and none of the rough idle mentioned in other posts.

Only complaint I've had is the poor anti-glare coating on the nav screen, which "bled" when it got just a few snowflakes that blew in on it last winter. Looked horrible and my dealer refuses to replace it because "those head units are expensive". Grrrrrr!

Anyway, have been dealing with it and taking my time continuing to wipe the screen with a gentle solution and super soft microfiber towel, and almost all of the anti-glare coating is now gone (7+ months later!) and the screen almost looks perfect.....just a couple more months of gentle wiping and I'll be good as new! (And no real issues with glare at all!)

Best,
dCota
Old 11-19-16, 08:38 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dCota
2015 NX F Sport here, purchased 7/21/2015, and just turned 16,400 miles yesterday.
So far, no rattles or squeaks at all, and none of the rough idle mentioned in other posts.

Only complaint I've had is the poor anti-glare coating on the nav screen, which "bled" when it got just a few snowflakes that blew in on it last winter. Looked horrible and my dealer refuses to replace it because "those head units are expensive". Grrrrrr!

Anyway, have been dealing with it and taking my time continuing to wipe the screen with a gentle solution and super soft microfiber towel, and almost all of the anti-glare coating is now gone (7+ months later!) and the screen almost looks perfect.....just a couple more months of gentle wiping and I'll be good as new! (And no real issues with glare at all!)

Best,
dCota
My only complaint on the entire interior is the navigation screen. I really wish they would have gone with a glass front screen like the RX. I've got one in an X5 and it is iPad quality graphics. At least they could have put a glossy screen to help improve contrast...
Old 11-20-16, 08:51 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by jugdish
I'm looking at buying a 2016 loaded NX that's been discounted $5k. My hangup is the vibration which is quite evident when in P and when stopped at a stop light. I test drove a 2017 and the vibration was significantly less. Issue is they will only come down $2300 on the 2017.....

I would like to know if you noticed the idle speed on the '17.

In theory, all we need as a fix for the vibration is to remap the idle to either make it lower or higher than ~700. Would wish Lexus to come come up with a software update on this...
Old 11-20-16, 12:22 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I would like to know if you noticed the idle speed on the '17.

In theory, all we need as a fix for the vibration is to remap the idle to either make it lower or higher than ~700. Would wish Lexus to come come up with a software update on this...
There was ZERO vibration in the 2017 that I drove. It's really a shame because I was leaning toward the close-out '16 that was loaded, but I could not get past the vibration. Once I noticed it, I couldn't ignore it, and that was on 3 different test drives. I kept going back and forth between the 16 and the 17 and the 17 was butter smooth. I ended up getting the 17 with fewer bells and whistles.
Old 11-20-16, 10:21 PM
NXblue
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a comment on this. I drove all summer & it was smooth as could be, even though I had the vibration last winter / part of spring.
Last week, we had our first cold weather since back then & damn if the vibration suddenly came back, It's not bad but is noticeable at idle,
esp. coming to a stop light & stopping. Once you start to accelerate, it's gone. I agree it's got to have something to do with the temperature,
I don't know if the gas had the Ethanol in it yet, I'll have to look at the pump when I get gas next time. usually get gas at the same station! To the
person worried about the vibration, it doesn't stall the engine or cause hesitation on acceleration, so it shouldn't stop you from getting a better
deal on the '16 model NX! They are awesome vehicles & the vibration is a minor issue for all the good things they have!

Quick Reply: NX200T Vibration when Park and D drive